Enrolled Endorsed Nurse Supervisor
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Competitive base pay rates – $29.59-$30.18 p/hr + supervisor & sleepover allowance + Super
- Fixed Term | Part Time (2 shifts p/fortnight until 31/03/2022)
- Based in Port Melbourne (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. We employ over 800 staff and our Port Melbourne Hostel offers affordable, high quality accommodation and care to 35 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a proactive and enthusiastic Enrolled Endorsed Nurse Supervisor to join our residential team at Port Melbourne on a Part Time – Fixed Term basis ending on 31st March 2022 (with potential to extend). Your roster will be as follows:
Week 2: Saturday (1445-2215 + sleepover) & Sunday (1445-2215)
Applicants must have availability to cover all of the above shifts.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide/directly supervise complex care such as wound management, palliative care, and emergency procedures.
- Undertaking clerical tasks and nursing assessments.
- Provide care services as detailed in the individual resident Care Plan.
- Undertake detailed clinical assessments of unwell residents (including medications), seek assistance as required and complete a detailed report of interventions and outcomes.
- Provide leadership in the management of cigarette and alcohol programs
- Liaise with medical practitioners, pharmacists and other health services to provide relevant services for the care and wellbeing of the residents
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + great discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Certificate IV (with medication endorsement)/Diploma of Nursing or equivalent (mandatory)
- Current AHRPA Registration (mandatory)
- Previous experience in a Team Leader/Supervisor role (mandatory)
- Ability to work both in team and autonomously
- Keen eye for detail
- Prior experience in homelessness, aged care,welfare, disability, allied health or community care is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to enhance or maintain our residents’ independence and lifestyle
- A friendly and non-judgmental attitude
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the link 'HERE'
Applications can be directed to Carolyn Russell (Residential Site Manager – Port Melbourne Hostel) and submitted by filling out the information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 22nd April 2021.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.