Senior Project Engineer
Proserv is an international energy services company specializing in the provision of life-of-field solutions.
The company operates worldwide from 18 sites across four distinct Business Units: Subsea Controls; Production Controls; Drilling Controls and Field Technology Services.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realize their fullest potential.
Senior Project Engineer (GMS) is responsible for execution of project engineering activities and mentors the project engineers & junior engineers. Responsible for managing the complex multiple projects from technical front and making sure all project deliverable are met on time & with in budgets. He/ She will support the Project Manager remotely in defining the technical documentation requirements, contract deliverable in line specifications. Also He / She responsible for managing peer reviews and provides support to product leads / engineering managers during Gate reviews.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Work experience in handling individual projects starting from pre-bid to delivery
- Experience in package equipment design, basic and detail engineering
- Working experience in Gas Modular Skids / Chemical Dosing Packages / Water Treatment Packages would be preferred
- Basic knowledge of Electrical and Instrumentation components
- Co-ordination with cross-functional engineering teams, Clients, Sub-vendors and other project stakeholders
- Exposure to Saudi Aramco / Shell / ADNOC / KOC / ONGC company specifications will be considered as an added advantage
- Exposure to International Standards for Pumps, Tanks, Piping, Valves, etc., is essential
- Familiar with all kinds of equipment, piping, electrical and instrumentation symbols as per IEC and ISA.
- Familiar with SIL, HAZOP, Hazardous area classifications and its requirements would be preferred.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Complete project engineering starting from pre-bid to delivery
- Detailed reviewing of Material Requisition (MR) documents to understand client requirements
- Should be able to develop the Engineering deliverable as per project specification and client requirement
- Identify the scope of work, list of engineering documents deliverable and communicate to other supporting departments
- Preparation of Design Basis, Process design calculation, P&ID as per process requirements agreed in pre-order.
- Preparation of package datasheet, equipment datasheets, valves, and other components datasheets.
- Preparation of other process deliverable such as Line list, Equipment List, Utility Summary, Cause and Effect matrix and other deliverable as per project requirement.
- Relief system design – PSV sizing and rupture disc sizing as per API standards
- Equipment sizing, Line sizing and selection, Pump hydraulic calculations etc.
- Storage tank volume calculations and defining Level sketch with help of design team
- Preparation of Bill of Material as per scope of supply
- Ensure to provide correct design inputs to prepare design documents and resolve issues in a timely manner consistent with project requirements and timelines agreed with clients
- Preparation / review of purchase requisitions for bought out equipment and components
- Review of sub-vendor technical offers and provide technical recommendation to procurement department
- Review and approve the internal design drawings / vendor drawings and other technical documents to ensure compliance with applicable project and contract requirements and especially operational demands considering client requirement
- Attending Functional testing of the packages for design verification and validation
- Complete preparation and submission of Pre-bid proposals to proposal team, which includes technical and commercial proposals
- Monitor the execution of the work as per agreed project plan
- Ensure that the work is carried out in a professional manner and in compliance with applicable contracts, Company policies and relevant laws and regulations
- Identify areas of concern with respect to progress of assigned projects and recommend corrective action wherever required
- Identify the risks and put risk mitigation plans
- Arranging and attending all meeting in a project (interdepartmental or with clients)
- Lead by example; be prepared to perform all tasks required in the initiation, close and execution of the project.
- Lead the team in absence of Project Manager
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment
- Apply Proserv, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical / Chemical Engineering from a reputed College / University with good academic record
5+ years of relevant experience.
Basic working knowledge of AutoCAD
Familiar with Project management software like MS project
Familiarity in ERP system (Microsoft AX) is preferable
How To Apply
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.