Area Manager - Environment
About the Company:
The RDO Australia Group is one of the world’s largest John Deere and Vermeer equipment dealers, and encompasses Vermeer Australia, Vanderfield and RDO Equipment dealerships. The Group proudly employs over 500 staff, and operates out of 18 dealerships providing parts and service support for the agricultural, roads, civil construction, landscaping, mining and forestry sectors.
Our people are our most important asset and we partner with our employees to build on their strengths and help them develop their careers. Our job is more than supplying equipment. We are a trusted business partner and we build customers for life. We play hard and fair in everything we do and are driven by a sense of achievement.
We are currently seeking an experienced Area Manager - Environment to join our Vermeer Sales Team out of our Derrimut, Melbourne facility.
About the role:
This individual will develop long term partnerships with our customers through anticipating their needs and providing win/win solutions within an assigned territory while promoting all aspects of the Company in a professional manner.
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to:
- Promote whole-goods, parts, and service focusing on solutions for customers and build long term relationships to maximise client and company profitability.
- Coordinate and/or conduct field demonstrations as well as operate machinery at customer work sites.
- Develop a keen awareness of the competition and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
- Use Company provided systems/tools to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner.
The successful applicant:
The successful candidate will have prior sales and client management experience from a fast-paced organisation, preferably with experience in arboriculture industry (or similar).
You will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
- Experience in the Arbor/tree business would be desirable
- Knowledge of industry and competitor standards would be preferred.
- The ability to create and maintain long lasting customer relationships.
- Experience in initiating customer relationships and ongoing account management.
- Strong customer service focus and dedicated work ethic.
- Computer literate.
- A current and valid driver’s licence.
As a valued employee of the company, we will provide you with:
- A friendly, welcoming environment with great career challenges and growth.
- Competitive salary.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Great career advancement and opportunities.
Prospective candidates are advised that interviews will commence immediately.
We are successful because of our people and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
We can only accept applications from individuals who have the right to work in Australia. External agencies have not been engaged for this role, so please ensure you apply directly to be considered.
For further information on this particular role or similar opportunities please contact our Careers Team on 0414 412 607.