- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Higher than award wages
- Additional Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging
- Casual – multiple positions available
- Based in Flemington (VIC)
- Servicing Northern Melbourne region
Who are we?
Wintringham is a Not for Profit organisation which provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged, have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Wintringham provides care and support services through residential facilities as well as community services, which assist an elderly person to retain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be.
Wintringham is seeking Casual Recreation Officers to assist the Recreation Co-ordinator to continually develop and facilitate individual recreational pursuits designed to meet the leisure needs of each client.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assisting clients living in their own homes to develop their recreational pursuits and interests, through identifying, creating and developing activities
- Assisting clients in the individual facilitation of their recreation pursuits, through one-on-one facilitation and integrating clients into community recreation programs
- Liaising with case managers and carers to develop a sound approach to the clients overall lifestyle and wellbeing.
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate and relevant documentation.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts that are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and we will ask you to travel, however, we reimburse you for work related travel!
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Still need more work?: The opportunities are endless, with shifts at our residential sites on offer also. Check out our website for locations.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Degree level qualification or Certificate IV in Leisure & Lifestyle (preferred) or equivalent
- Current drivers licence
- Own reliable vehicle that is suitable for transporting clients and work purposes
- Prior experience in Aged or Community Care is desirable
- Current First Aid Certificate 2
How to apply
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted. Shortlisted applications will be contacted for an interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application.
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”