- Join a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive pay rate: $31-$41 per hour (dependent on qualifications)
- Generous kilometre reimbursement
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Full Time (38 hours p/week)
- Based in Port Melbourne (VIC)
Wintringham is a Not for Profit organisation which provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged, have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Our Port Melbourne Hostel offers affordable, high quality accommodation and care to 35 men and women aged 50 years and over. We provide a safe, flexible and caring family-style environment, which allows residents to maintain their chosen lifestyles, habits and activities and to be as independent as they choose to be
Wintringham is renowned for the quality and personalised range of lifestyle and recreation activities/outcomes we support our clients to achieve. We distance ourselves from a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to recreation and our multi-skilled Recreation team blend elements of recreation and leisure counselling to create an individualised approach to activities that are both meaningful and tailored to our clients’ interests.
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic person, with a commitment to social justice, to join our team at Port Melbourne Hostel as a Recreation Coordinator on a full-time basis.
So – what is a day in the life of a Recreation Coordinator?
No two days will be the same in this fast paced and dynamic role. In your new role, some of the requirements will include:
- Co-ordinating and continually developing a recreation program designed to meet the individual leisure needs of each client whilst maximising their recreational independence.
- Liaising with other members of the residential team regarding structure and development of programs.
- Encouraging clients to maintain their community associations and contacts
- Ensuring that accurate and relevant documentation is up to date
- Promote recreational opportunities available within the broader community
We are looking for candidates with the following;
The successful applicant will, at minimum, possess a degree level qualification in either - Leisure & Lifestyle, Recreation, Psychology, Community Development or other relevant degree. A current Victorian Drivers Licence. Current First Aid and CPR certificates will be looked on favourably.
- Experience in recreational program planning and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, diplomacy and tact
- The ability to work autonomously and within a team
- Interest in Social Justice Issues - highly valued
- Experience working with clients who come from a disadvantaged background (highly advantageous)
- Previous experience in an Aged Care environment (preferred)
- A non-judgmental attitude
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
What’s in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900 per annum.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + retailer discounts: Access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about this role, a copy of the Position Description by clicking the PD Link "HERE"
Applications can be directed to Daniel Gray (Recreation Manager) and submitted filling out the information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Wednesday 21st April 2021.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application. Applicants must undergo the NDIS Screening Check at their own expense, however, Wintringham will cover the expense associated with obtaining a Police Records check.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.