Lifestyle & Recreation Officer (Residential Care)
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Competitive rates: $26.53-29.13 per hour (dependent on qualifications) + 25% casual loading
- Access to NFP Salary Packaging
- Generous kilometre reimbursement
- Based in Avondale Heights (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a Not for Profit organisation which provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged, have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. We employ over 800 staff and Ron Conn Nursing Home, located in Avondale Heights, provides high quality accommodation and care to 60 older men and women who require assistance with daily living and personal care.
Wintringham is renowned for the quality and personalised range of lifestyle and recreation activities/outcomes we support our clients to achieve. We distance ourselves from a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to recreation and our multi-skilled Recreation team blend elements of recreation and leisure counselling to create an individualised approach to activities that are both meaningful and tailored to our clients’ interests.
Wintringham is seeking a Recreation Officer to join our tight-knit Recreation team at Port Melbourne on a casual basis. In this dynamic role, you will assist the Recreation Coordinator to continually develop and facilitate individual recreational pursuits designed to meet the leisure needs of each resident.
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Ensuring residents’ individual recreation interests are established and facilitated.
- Encouraging residents to maintain their community associations and contacts.
- Promoting recreational opportunities available within the broader community.
- Facilitating residents’ access to programs that will assist the maintenance of their independence.
- Facilitating residents’ access to venues, events and recreational opportunities.
- Assisting in the maintenance of accurate and relevant documentation is up to date and meets ACFI requirements.
- Duties as directed by the Recreation Coordinator from time to time
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Resident and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict social distancing restrictions and cleaning regimens in place at our residential sites to ensure that thorough infection control is maintained at all times.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and we will ask you to travel, however, we reimburse you for work related travel!
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Access to our staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts from leading retailers and our Employee Assistance Program
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Recreation, Leisure & Lifestyle or relevant qualification
- Willingness and availability to pick up additional work hours/days in times of annual/sick leave
- Interest in Social Justice Issues (highly valued)
- Prior experience in Homelessness, Aged Care,Welfare, Disability, Allied Health or Community Care – (highly desirable)
- Current First Aid Certificate 2 (highly desirable)
- Current drivers licence
- Own reliable vehicle that is suitable for transporting clients and work purposes
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
Applications can be directed to Julia Mansour (Acting Senior Recreation Coordinator) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 16th April 2021.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.