Donor Development Manager
Head Office Brisbane
The Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia (RFDS) is one of the largest and most comprehensive aeromedical organisations in the world. Using the latest in aviation, medical and communications technology, it delivers extensive primary health care and 24 hour emergency service to those who live, work and travel throughout Australia.
Recently voted Australia’s most reputable charity for the sixth year in a row, the stewardship and care of our loyal donors is paramount, as is their levels of support and interest.
- Permanent full-time role
- Head Office - new location Level 4, 5-7 Lobelia Circle, Brisbane Airport
As Donor Development Manager you will work within a passionate and driven fundraising team with a mandate to grow donations through appeals, acquisition and regular giving.
Using your experience in direct response campaigns you will be responsible for planning and executing best practice donor acquisition campaigns, appeals, and regular giving conversation and upgrade campaigns across mail, email, SMS, phone, and online channels.
In order to maintain exceptional retention rates of donors and regular givers you will develop and implement multi-channel stewardship and donor care activities.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Undergraduate qualifications in marketing/fundraising or equivalent
- 3+ years fundraising experience at a similar level and an understanding of contemporary fundraising methodologies – including use of digital, phone and mail channels
- Previous experience in managing and executing donor direct response, renewal, acquisition & conversion campaigns in the not for profit sector across mail, phone, email, SMS, and online channels
- Ability to develop fundraising strategy, aligning with the ability to develop and manage detailed fundraising budgets and forecasts
- Exceptional customer service skills, demonstrated by strong rapport and relationship building skills
- Demonstrable team leadership and managerial abilities
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a professional and warm phone manner
- Experience in analysis and data driven strategy development focusing on opportunity, fundraising outcomes and ROI
- The ability to understand relational databases and analyse data to maximise campaign success and growth of cash and regular giving supporters
- Proven ability to build strong relationships within all levels of an organisation in order to successfully leverage resources and influence change
Membership of the FIA or ADMA is desirable
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive, motivated, and highly organised career fundraiser to further develop our donor development program. You will be provided with an attractive remuneration package together with the opportunity to access salary packaging arrangements.
Interested? For more information, please contact Rob Needham, Executive Manager Fundraising on 07 3852 7596.
This role will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test and be subject to a criminal history check.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 16 January 2017.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.