Head Chef / Kitchen Manager
EARN a Negotiable Salary $70,000 - $80,000 pa + Superannuation
Highly Regarded Business That Has Just Undergone Renovations
Fast-Paced, Dynamic Role | Full Time with a Mid-February Start
About The Company
Our client is a laid back local café that has been operating for over 16 years, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week. After using the last half of 2020 to renovate and reset for 2021, they have designed a New York styled bar/kitchen fit-out that has created new energy in an open and friendly space. The food direction will be Italian / Mederterainian with a focus on full-flavoured brunch and small plates and shared mains for the evening service. There will also be a range of high quality premade paninis to service takeaway demand. The open kitchen has just been completely overhauled with all new equipment and appliances.
About The Opportunity
They are looking for a Head Chef / Kitchen Manager to join their company in North Strathfield, NSW.
This position is a hands-on service-oriented role whilst providing leadership and support role to the rest of the kitchen team.
Reporting directly to the General Manager some of your responsibilities will include:
- Overall menu, specials, and food production and execution
- Wage percentage and rostering
- Staff management, training, and appraisals
- Liaison with the front of house managers and owners
- Deliver strong clear direction, leadership and organisation into the kitchen
The successful candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience as a Head Chef or kitchen leadership role
- A creative flair with a passion for food and hospitality
- A background in Italian or Mederteranian cuisine (highly desirable)
- Strong understanding of costings and stock/budget control
- Excellent communication skills and strong leadership capability
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of health and safety practices
- Attention to detail and a passion for producing quality food and happy customers
What's in it for You?
- Work for a Succesful & Highly Regarded Business in North Strathfield
- Part of an Established Group with New Exciting Projects in the Pipeline
- Recently Renovated Open Plan Venue | New York Styled Bar & Kitchen
- Great Location Close to Transport & Parking | Friendly Team with Great Culture
- Benefit from Support & Guidance from the Management Team & Owners
- Demonstrate Your Leadership Skills in a Challenging, Dynamic Position
- Full-Time Role | 40 - 45 Hours Per Week | Mix of Days, Weekends & 2 Evenings
Apply today and don't miss out starting this challenging opportunity as soon as possible!
IMPORTANT: Application Form Instructions (Please Read)
Apply for this role by completing the below questions in your own words. This is an opportunity to impress the employer and set your application apart from the rest! Please do not copy and paste your resume. Then click the ‘Apply Now’ button at the bottom of the page and you’ll be asked to ATTACH YOUR RESUME/COVER LETTER if you have not already selected this via Seeks portal.
Your application will be reviewed and we will be in contact via email regarding your progress.
Good Luck from the Recruit Shop Team!
Note: By applying you give authority to be contacted using your provided phone number and email address regarding this and other job opportunities and other Recruit Shop related topics. Should you wish to unsubscribe from such information you may do so at the time of receipt.
Please take a look at our other vacancies here: https://recruitshop.applynow.net.au/