Lifestyle Assistant - Veterans Support
Myrtle Bank SA 5064
RSL Care SA is an innovative and progressive provider in Aged Care. In the spirit of our heritage we continue to promote wellbeing and independence by making meaningful contributions to the lives of our residents. Established in 1917, RSL Care SA is recognised as a trusted provider of accommodation, care and support that delivers fundamental supportive solutions to meet the changing needs of the ex-service and wider community.
An excellent opportunity exists for a Lifestyle Assistant to join our Wellbeing team in a part-time capacity, offering 4 days a week (flexible). Working across our Myrtle Bank and Angle Park locations, this position has a strong Military focus works holistically with our resident Veterans.
Main responsibilities include;
- Development and management of Veteran specific Wellbeing program
- Implementing and maintaining a comprehensive recreational program that contributes to a normal and enjoyable lifestyle for Veterans
- Host and facilitate weekly Vietnam Veteran luncheons
- Network with external discharge planners and social workers, to maximise support for over 65 year old Veterans in the Community
- Administration duties compliant with Aged Care Act
- Various support functions to improve Veterans wellbeing
- Manage and research Military history of our Veterans
- Balance physical, social, education, entertainment and other recreational activities to create a normal, healthy home environment and lifestyle
- Respect the residents’ individuality, rights, privacy and freedom of choice
Success in this position is;
- Ability to write observations and small reports
- Demonstrated skills in the provision of leisure and emotional support
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound problem solving, decision making and computer literacy skills
- Initiative and the ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge of / or a desire to learn Military history
- Desire to talk to Veterans, provide day to day emotional support
- Understand the challenges that face Veterans
If you are passionate about a career in the Aged Care and looking for a meaningful role with a strong Military focus, then apply today!
Applications close 2 December 2017.
All RSL Care SA employees must be entitled to work in Australia and obtain a Federal Police Clearance.