Community/Customer Services Assistant x 2 - Casual (1022)
Singleton Council - Various locations
Local Government opportunity for a customer service professional with a passion for working with the community
Singleton Council is currently seeking two (2) Community/Customer Services Assistants to assist with frontline customer service functions across Council sites. Locations of work may include the Library, Youth Venue, OOSH, Visitor Information Centre and/or Customer Service.
The essential and desirable criteria for these positions are;
- Experience using computer applications including internet, email and word processing.
- Demonstrated team work skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality customer service through continuous improvement strategies.
- Sound communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Flexibility in hours worked and diversity of activities undertaken.
- Working with Children Check.
- Experience in a public library environment, youth service, OOSH or local government customer service role.
- TAFE Certificate II in Information Services.
- An understanding of Work Health and Safety.
Flexibility in hours of work is required to cover staff absences and assist in covering evening and weekend rosters.
The position is offered on a casual basis and placed at Grade 5 of the salary system ($33.37 to $37.54 per hour).
If you meet the above criteria and are seeking a position that offers flexibility and a strong team environment let us know you are interested by applying.
To apply please complete the online application and ensure you provide a copy of your resume and a cover letter. You will be required to address the selection criteria via the online application. Please note this is a mandatory section and must be completed to progress your application.
For further information please refer to the application instructions Information for Intending Applicants, the Position Description or contact Nicole Lonsdale - Coordinator Community Services on 02 6578 7512.
Closing Date for Applications: 24 November 2017