Safety, Training and Environment Officer (3528) - Fixed Term
Diverse Local Government opportunity for a Safety/WHS professional
Are you craving a new opportunity to play a key role in the work health and safety and environmental risk management of a diverse and challenging organisation?
Do you wake up in the morning with a desire to make a difference to the way real people work and contribute to a vibrant community?
If you’re looking for a new horizon to put your skills and experience to use and reach your potential, Singleton Council has the position you’re looking for.
Offered on a fixed-term basis for a 14-month period from December 2017, the Safety, Training and Environment Officer is responsible for implementing Council’s work health and safety (WHS) and environmental risk management systems, protocols and procedures and is a valued member of the Integrated Risk Management Team.
You’ll work with all staff across our organisation in coordinating and facilitating the development, review and delivery of Council’s WHS system and partner with a range of stakeholders to minimise Council’s exposure to safety-related risks.
The essential and desirable criteria for this position are:
- Diploma qualification or higher in Work Health and Safety or relevant field coupled with solid contemporary experience in a WHS role
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Working knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply WHS legislation and regulations
- Experience in conducting WHS investigations and audits
- Experience in delivering WHS induction, education and awareness training
- Demonstrated high level written, verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Current First Aid qualification
- Class C driver’s licence
- Construction Induction Card
- Return to Work coordinator accreditation
- Environmental auditor qualifications
The position is offered as Grade 12 of the Salary System attracting $1,445.32 to $1,625.79 per week base, dependent on skills, qualifications and experience, on a full time 38 hour per week basis. To be considered for a position within Singleton Council applicants must address the essential and desirable criteria via the online questionnaire. Please ensure you provide a copy of your resume and a cover letter.
Closing Date for Applications: 10 December 2017 11.30PM (AEST)
For further information, please refer to the application instructions Information for Intending Applicants, the Position Description or contact Deborah McDonald – Manager Integrated Risk Management on 02 6578 7233.
We also offer a Rostered Day Off every 4 weeks, ongoing professional and personal training and development and a supportive team orientated environment.