Personal Care Assistant (Community Care)
- Work flexible hours in the community to suit your lifestyle!
- Competitive pay rates - $26.53 - $28.46 p/hr + 25% casual loading (dependent on qualifications)
- Reimbursement for kilometres travelled between clients
- Free training courses provided and opportunities to develop.
- Access to exclusive NFP Salary Packaging
- Casual Position
- Working across the Goulburn Valley region
Who are we?
Founded in 1989, Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation that provides an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women over the aged of 50 who come from a homeless or financially disadvantaged background. We employ over 800 staff and our Community Care programs see our employees assist our clients in their homes and in the community. As an organisation that advocates for social justice, we are committed to upholding our values of options, dignity and rights for our clients as well as our employees.
Your new role
We are currently seeking a flexible and experienced Personal Care Assistant to join our team on a casual basis to work across our community program in the Goulburn Valley region. If you are seeking a flexible workplace that caters to your availability and gets you out of an office or facility, then look no further.
So – what is a day in the life of a Personal Care Assistant?
No two days will be the same in this fast paced and dynamic role. In your new role, some of the requirements will include:
- Personal Care: showering, oral care and continence management
- Medication Assistance: Administering and monitoring medications, assisting with dressings and basic observations
- Food Preparation: preparing, cooking and serving of meals
- Community Support: escorting our clients on community outings e.g. shopping trips, excursions, lunches, appointments
- Transport: escorting our clients to medical and allied health appointments, hospital visits and respite care
- Domestic Support: cleaning, tidying, changing bedding to ensure a safe, clean and sanitized environment for our client
Wintringham’s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
What we will need from you:
- A minimum of a Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support or Community Services.
- Medication endorsement (Advantageous)
- Prior experience in Aged or Community Care (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills
- A non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- A caring approach
- An understanding of the special needs of older people
- Current CPR & First Aid
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours: Whatever your circumstances are, we have an array of morning, afternoon and early evening shifts are available to you.
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Kilometre reimbursement: You will need your own car in this role and we will ask you to travel, however, we reimburse you for work related travel!
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services + discounts to retailers: When you are employed at Wintringham, you will have access to our Employee Assistance Program, Staff wellbeing portal as well as discounts to some of Australia’s leading retailers.
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description HERE.
Applications can be directed to Stefanie Heiniger (Site Coordinator) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 28th January 2021
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application. Applicants must undergo the NDIS Screening Check at their own expense, however, Wintringham will cover the expense associated with obtaining a Police Records check.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must be willing to undertake an influenza vaccination within the 2021 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.