- Established & Industry-Leading National Manufacturer
- Permanent Full-Time Position - 24/7 Rotating Roster
- Wakerley, South-East Brisbane Location
SIGNET is a leading Australian-owned B2B manufacturer and distributor of a broad range of industrial consumables including packaging, safety and cleaning supplies. An award-winning company, with a result driven focus, we have purpose-built office, production and warehousing facilities located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, North Queensland and Perth.
What makes working at Signet special? As a start, we are passionate about our vision – Helping Australia Compete – and we’ve been successfully doing so for over 50 years as a subsidiary of the Winson Group.
Our people tell us that at Winson, they get the best of both worlds; our established position and size mean you’ll get ‘big business’ structure, support and progression, without giving up the opportunities for ownership, direct impact, trusted relationships and a truly great culture.
About the role:
Due to an internal promotion, we are looking for an experienced Machine Operator to join our Plastics department. You will be responsible for ensuring a continuous supply of products to meet warehouse inventory levels which meet Signet’s specifications and quality standards, and will be involved in all aspects of the Plastics production processes, including:
- Operate modern automated plastics conversion and recycling machinery
- Manufacture of finished goods including plastic bags and stretch film
- Carry out routine maintenance on machines
- Complete process control documentation accurately and diligently
- Housekeeping duties
This position is required to work rotating 12 hour shifts - 4 Days on, 4 off, then 4 Nights on (including working weekends and public holidays, which are compensated for in the salary offering).
For more information, please view the Position Description.
We are looking for a motivated and dependable individual with a desire to learn. You will also have:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude
- A trades or machine operator background
- Previous experience within the plastics industry in blown film extrusion is highly regarded
- Safety and quality focused
- Strong attention to detail
Signet has an overriding commitment to health and safety responsibilities. Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol examination prior to employment.
If you are excited by our culture and motivated to contribute to Winson Group’s success we want to hear from you!
Please submit your application via www.winson.com.au/careers and find out how you too can find the best of both worlds.
To find out more about SIGNET, visit our website www.signet.net.au.
Please note applicants must have unlimited working rights in Australia.