Retail Customer Service Rep
North Vancouver and Squamish Valley, BC
- Great opportunity to help make a difference to the Squamish First Nations community.
- Work closely with Councilors to provide comprehensive administrative support.
- Enjoy a competitive salary, plus comprehensive benefits and pension plan.
About the Squamish Nation
The Squamish Nation is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history.
About the Opportunity
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Retail Customer Service Representative to join our dynamic and progressive team in both North Vancouver and Squamish Valley locations.
This mid level service position is responsible for selling retail related products to membership and the general public. The incumbent performs basic duties according to well-defined policies and procedures. The incumbent may provide some day-to-day oversight of Retail Customer Service Representatives in the absence of the Team Leader and Assistant Team Leader. The incumbent reports to the Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader. The position requires flexibility of schedule (days/weekends).
Other responsibilities include:
- Operates store according to procedure and provides service to customers.
- Stocks merchandise, cleans, sweeps and keeps clean buildings and properties.
- Completes duties associated with inventory.
- Provides some day-to-day oversight of staff.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of Retail Operations and Business Revenue & Services Teams.
The Ideal Candidate
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Completion of Grade 10
- Plus Three (3) months to One (1) year of directly-related experience in the majority of specialities listed in job description including selling retail products, stocking merchandise, etc. Experience may include work related assignments from the Squamish Nation on call pool.
- Experience as a basic user of Microsoft Office Suites, Outlook, Internet, etc;
- Previous experience working with a large scale computerized database system;
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred;
- Valid BC Driver’s License Class 5 OR Class 7N is preferred.
- Reliable vehicle and current auto insurance OR access to reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work at all retail locations in the Lower Mainland. May be required to travel to Squamish Valley.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Must be able to work split shifts, evenings and weekends as required.
- Willingness to provide a valid Criminal Records Check.
As your career with Squamish Nation progresses, you will also be required to complete training and development courses related to database/project management certification, staff supervision, governance best practices, etc.
If you are a skilled communicator and a friendly and dedicated professional, this could be an ideal opportunity for you.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
To be considered for this role, candidates must complete online form.