Executive Assistant - Two opportunities available
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- As the primary contact for the Director and Senior Managers, you will be a positive brand ambassador for Sutherland Shire Council and demonstrate our values in all that you do.
- You will uphold the standard of exceptional customer service, quickly establish rapport and build positive, professional relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
- You will apply your expertise and extensive experience working as an Executive Assistant - providing a range of executive, secretarial and administrative support - allowing us to achieve Council’s strategic objectives.
- You will effectively navigate an often politically sensitive environment, ensuring that your executive / administrative support and communication is undertaken with a high degree of professionalism, efficiency and respect for confidentiality.
- Your role is responsible for assessing, analysing and prioritising requests to facilitate the optimal use of Director and Senior Managers' time – you will be highly organised and able to manage competing priorities and timeframes.
- You will exercise effective leadership via coordination of the organisation’s administrative professional’s network, identifying and realising opportunities for continuous service improvements.
- You will be solution focused – you will think outside the box, seeking creative ways to problem-solve and continuously evolve our processes and procedures.
Things You’ll Do:
- You will provide Director and Senior Manager levels with stellar quality administrative support.
- You will apply your experience in producing high quality written communication, including the drafting of correspondence, letters, speech notes, media releases.
- You will utilise your research and reporting skills – being able to source and interpret a variety of information and issues.
- You will support and manage diverse projects – ensuring objectives are delivered on time, to required quality and within budget.
- You’ll support our diverse business areas of Sutherland Shire Council, creating a strong and sustainable future for our community.
- You will foster collaboration with the broader business units to encourage a seamless and consistent experience for our customers and stakeholders.
- Provide executive support to the broader executive team, including our CEO and Mayor, during times of leave and to support your professional development and exposure.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- You’ll be an administration guru – showcasing your excellent time management skills, outstanding attention to detail, and ability to prioritise, juggle and action competing tasks.
- Being a positive brand ambassador for the Sutherland Shire Council.
- Demonstrating Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect and Evolve.
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do.
- You will be proud of the positive impact you make for our people, business units and community.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why we are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10pm: Friday 9 April 2021.
- Interview date: Phone interviews will be facilitated week commencing 19 April 2021 and face-to-face interviews week commencing 26 April 202.
- Package: $76,000 - $80,500 gross p.a. plus superannuation
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week, with option of 19 day month flexi-time.
- Two opportunities available - one of which supporting the Director Corporate Support / Senior Managers and the second position supporting the Director Shire Infrastructure. You may wish to be considered for both - or have a specific business unit of interest. You will be able to specify your interest in the application process.
Keen To Learn More?