IT Security Architect
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, they are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
An established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in the US, SSI is proud to offer their team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with SSI gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built luxury yachts Wisp and Cake Walk as well as a myriad of defense, workboat and ferry projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for outstanding people who have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and within teams to meet aggressive project timelines.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, IT environment’ with an organization that prides itself on staying at the leading edge of technology adoption, with a focus on collaboration, teamwork, continuous improvement, transparency and integrity; consider joining our team. We are looking for a qualified individual who will be responsible for facilitating and maintaining the health and operation of SSI’s security toolsets, including mitigation of threats and monitoring related events.
As a member of our IT team you will be proficient in the following areas:
- Perform day-to-day operations, management and administration to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of information assets of the organization
- Perform security tool administration providing risk analysis of the following threats including vulnerability scanners, and risk assessments, manage/perform system and network security audits, security event logging & monitoring analyzers
- Develop security awareness instructional material, as well as perform or assist with investigations and coordinate the handling and resolution of incidents of security breach events.
- Provide analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members and stakeholders and identify requirements based upon need or as the result of a security issue that puts organizations systems at risk
- Engage as the central point of contact for Network Security Architecture for all teams within the organization and defining how best to utilize network services in a secure manner
- Evaluate technology to automate security monitoring and recommend ever more secure infrastructure configurations
- Design and implement network security technology like; Nextgen firewalls (NGFW, [ie. PaloAlto, Cisco, Sophos] and NAC/NAP), Content Inspection, network DLP, device privilege management, NetFlow, VPN, routing protocols, and security features like IPS & AppSec and cloud integration
- Designing, setup and maintenance of data backup and recovery solutions, in particular Unitrends, Dell and VEEAM
- Represent the IT team in on-call rotation and be available to assist the entire SSI team 24/7
- University Degree and/or related Technical Diploma
- 5+ years of working experience with intrusion prevention, virus detection, encryption, authentication/authorization, Data Loss Prevention, Certificate services, protocol and traffic analysis as well as routing, switching architectures
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Nextgen firewalls, VPN’s, and Perimeter Security
- Security accreditations such as CISM, CISSP or CISA by a recognized body are an asset
- Other desired certifications and training: Palo Alto Networks, HPE/Aruba, Meraki
- Must have unrestricted work authorization for US and Canada and ability to travel freely to Canada, USA and internationally
- Working experience with formal change management procedures (like ITIL)
- Familiarity with NIST standards, Cloud Security Alliance, and hopefully Cybersecurity Maturity Model Initiative (CMMC) security certification
- PKI & enterprise certificate management
- Industry certifications– Cisco CCNP R/S or Security required, CCIE R/S or Security an asset
- Strong familiarity or experience with authentication and identity management: AAA, 802.1x, NAC/NAP, MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB)
- Packet tracing (Wireshark) and TCP/IP
- Log search and analysis (Splunk, regex)
- Amazon AWS VPC, ACL, and Security Groups
- Virtual Firewall technologies (e.g. VMWare NSX)
- Knowledge and experience with security attack patterns, threats, and vulnerabilities and familiarity with Risk Management processes
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up their team. Although the work may be challenging, they foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary depending on skills and experience, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision;
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Profit Sharing Plan;
- Fully funded Employee Assistance Program;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!