About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, they are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
An established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in the US, SSI is proud to offer their team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with SSI gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built luxury yachts Wisp and Cake Walk as well as a myriad of defense, workboat and ferry projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for outstanding people who have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and within teams to meet aggressive project timelines.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, IT environment’ with an organization that prides itself on staying at the leading edge of technology adoption, with a focus on collaboration, teamwork, continuous improvement, transparency and integrity; consider joining our team. We are looking for a qualified individual who will be responsible for facilitating and supporting the health and operation of SSI’s virtualization and SAN platforms with a view to optimizing performance at the highest level.
As a member of our IT team you will be proficient in the following areas:
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge in Virtualization, SAN and data center architectures
- Represent the IT team in an on-call rotation and be available to assist the entire SSI team 24/7
- Monitor performance, utilization and maintain expected levels on infrastructure
- Perform virtual infrastructure capacity forecasts and health assessments and improve resource allocation on the virtual platform by proposing various usage optimizations
- Provide input for the future of our emerging technology requirements (evaluating vendors, products, solutions, etc.)
- Design and implement VMware ESXi 6.x solutions in an EMC storage environment
- Design, setup, migrate and deploy Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) IaaS solutions.
- Design, implement, and document Disaster Recovery tests and procedures.
- Script and deploy automation management technologies
- Design, install and evaluate Data Center solutions (i.e. Cooling, power, cabling and racking solutions.)
- Design, setup and maintain data backup and recovery solutions, in particular Unitrends or Dell IDPA.
- Manage Windows Server Operating Systems (up to including Windows Server 2019) and SSI’s Active Directory (MS Certification preferred)
- University Degree and/or related Technical Diploma
- Vmware certified professional or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise vSphere administration including implementing complex virtualized deployments including clustering, load balancing, HA and DR
- Must have unrestricted work authorization for US and Canada and ability to travel freely to Canada, USA and internationally
Please note: the successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Victoria, BC and either be a Canadian Citizen or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit
- Working experience with formal change management procedures (like ITIL)
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration layers (LXC, docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- PKI & enterprise certificate management
- Experience with VMware vRealize
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up their team. Although the work may be challenging, they foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary depending on skills and experience, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision;
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Profit Sharing Plan;
- Fully funded Employee Assistance Program;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!