Software Developer (SQL Focused)
National Occupational Classification Code 2173
- Exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join a leader in the ship and offshore structure design software market
- Great opportunity for professional development and career progression
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits and profit sharing plan
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
An established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in the US, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built CCGS Sir John Franklin, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to live and work in Victoria and be a part of a respectful team that understands the need to balance dedication to the workplace with personal and family responsibilities, are just some of the things that make a rewarding career with SSI.
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for a permanent, full-time Software Developer (SQL Focused) to join one of our development teams in Victoria, British Columbia. A successful candidate will contribute to the development of innovative solutions for the shipbuilding industry as a member of our team. You will collaborate to solve tough problems and have the opportunity to grow and take on new challenges.
This challenging position offers the opportunity to work in desktop application and SQL Server development on one of our teams. Your skills and interests will influence the nature of this position.
What we look for:
- Degree, Diploma or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team
- Creative problem-solving skills
- SQL Server or other relational database experience
- Object oriented programming experience
Great to Have:
- Experience with investigating and solving SQL performance issues
- Understanding of SQL best practices and methodologies
- AutoCAD or other CAD software experience
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience working in the Visual Studio development environment
- C# experience
Please note: the successful candidate must be willing to relocate to Victoria, BC and either be a Canadian Citizen or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit.
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, the successful incumbent can expect to receive a competitive annual salary, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!