Sales Account Executive
Mobile, AL USA
- Exciting opportunity for a motivated Sales professional with experience in software sales!
- Join a growing software company with great opportunities for career advancement!
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
An established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC Canada with a satellite office in the Mobile, AL, USA, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built CCGS Sir John Franklin, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to be a part of a respectful team that understands the need to balance dedication to the workplace with personal and family responsibilities, are just some of the things that make a rewarding career with SSI.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an individual to join our SSI USA sales team who will be responsible for the execution of the entire sales process from prospecting leads to close of sale and follow-up. As an SSI Sales Account Executive you will lead our sales efforts for the SSI product offering throughout the US. You will analyze customer and market trends to identify and solve market challenges. You will work with the executive management team to establish sales strategies and promotional programs. You will have the opportunity to multiply your earnings through attainment of sales targets, as you grow the ShipConstructor market share. Additionally, you will have the opportunity for regular travel to client sites, conferences and industry events in the US.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, and/or Computer Engineering /Science
- 5 years prior experience selling engineering software products
- 5-year professional shipbuilding or manufacturing
- Demonstrated aptitude for software and technology sales
- Demonstrated ability to work independently towards high level sales goals and targets
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- The ability to work effectively in stressful situations and maintain positive customer relations
- The ability to work with people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience selling engineering software
- Professional experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing
- Experience with the SSI product line and other CAD systems
Please note: the successful candidate must be a citizen of the USA and be able and willing to travel regularly throughout North America.
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision);
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Fully funded Employee Assistance Program
- Laptop and cell phone;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training.
If you have a track record of sales success and want to join an employer of choice, apply today!