SSI Solution Specialist (Enterprise Focus)
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, they are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in Alabama, SSI is proud to offer their team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with SSI gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built luxury yachts Wisp and Cake Walk as well as a myriad of defense, workboat and ferry projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to their success within the industry.
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for an experienced individual to join their Sales team as an SSI Solution Specialist. To complement SSI’s existing team of Solution Specialist’s the ideal candidate has a strong grasp of PLM/PDM/ERP and other enterprise systems, particularly as they relate to engineering in a shipyard. Qualified candidates can work remotely from other locations.
Working within the SSI sales team, the purpose of this role is to engage directly with key prospects and clients to build trusted advisor relationships with their technical staff. This involves the creation of targeted sales content, live demonstrations, online and direct conversations with technical contacts, and travel to client and prospect locations around the world.
Specifically, day-to-day duties may include:
- Generating videos, blogs, and demonstrations targeted at overcoming challenges or resolving specific pain within key accounts
- Communicating with technical contacts in key accounts to build relationships and further political alignment within the account
- Analyzing and documenting technical processes and practices within key accounts to better understand their unique challenges
- Working with SSI marketing to develop targeted marketing efforts for key accounts
- Working with other software vendors used by key accounts to showcase integration between SSI’s platforms and others in use
- Jointly developing implementation, service, and sales proposals for key accounts alongside SSI sales staff and Resellers
This role would be best suited to someone who is passionate about technology - an innovator with great intellectual curiosity who is looking for an opportunity to prove themselves a true specialist in the field, and who strives to deliver the best possible technical advice and service to their clients. The drive and dynamic personality required to reach out to contacts in key accounts and foster ongoing relationships is a must.
To be considered for this opportunity, it is essential that you have experience generating dynamic digital content, experience applying technology in a manufacturing environment, as well as experience in the use, management, and implementation of enterprise systems and/or engineering software. You will also understand and demonstrate the value of complementary products in the shipbuilding industry as they relate to a total SSI solution.
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
A degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, and/or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Three (3) years experience working with clients on implementation of software programs and integration with other systems, and meeting client success needs and specific pain points; and
The ability to travel and work on-site at various shipyards and design offices worldwide.
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up their team. Although the work may be challenging, they foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment;
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance;
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more);
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives.
Upon joining SSI, the successful candidate will receive a competitive base salary of $65,000 - $80,000 per annum, plus great employee benefits including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision;
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Profit Sharing Plan;
- Fully funded Employee Assistance Program;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!