Professional Services Manager
Mobile, AL USA
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
An established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC Canada with a satellite office in the Mobile, AL, USA, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built CCGS Sir John Franklin, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to be a part of a respectful team that understands the need to balance dedication to the workplace with personal and family responsibilities, are just some of the things that make a rewarding career with SSI.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an individual to join our SSI USA team who will be responsible for the management and execution of our professional services team. As the SSI Professional Services Manager, you will lead our efforts in product services offering throughout the US. You will analyze new and existing customer needs to help solve customer challenges through technical support, training, consulting, custom development, and research & development project efforts. You will have the opportunity to multiply your earnings through attainment of professional service targets, as you help grow the ShipConstructor user base. Additionally, you will have the opportunity for regular travel to client sites, conferences and industry events in the US.
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, and/or Computer Engineering /Science
- 5 years prior experience selling engineering software products
- 5 year professional shipbuilding or manufacturing
- Demonstrated aptitude for selling software technology services
- Demonstrated ability to work independently towards high level professional services goals and targets
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- The ability to work effectively in stressful situations and maintain positive customer relations
- The ability to manage and work with people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Fluency in English
- The ability and interest in regular travel throughout North America
- Must be a US citizen and a permanent resident in the U.S.
- Previous experience selling engineering or professional services
- Professional experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing
- Experience with the SSI product line and other associated shipbuilding applications
Candidate must be;
- U.S. Citizen
- Lawful Permanent Resident in the United States
- Must be willing to relocate to Mobile, AL in efforts to work out of the ShipConstructor Software USA, Inc. office located in the University of South Alabama Technology & Research Park.
- Must be willing to travel to work on site at various shipyards within the United States, & Internationally, if needed.
Education and Experience:
- 4 year bachelors degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, and/or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years shipbuilding experience, or shipbuilding design, or shipbuilding management preferred
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- Salary position that offers a competitive compensation
- 10 days vacation, 15 days vacation after first year of service
- 12 scheduled holidays
- 5 sick day allowance,
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Health, Dental & Vision
- Supplemental Insurance, available through Colonial Life
- Faculty association with the University of South Alabama provides;
- Free access to all campus facilities
- Up to 50% discounts in tuition for the employee and their immediate family members enrolled in Univ. of South Alabama.
- Faculty discounts on campus events tickets
- Note: other benefits outlined by the SSI Employee Handbook
If you have experience as a Processional Services Manager and want to join an employer of choice, apply today!