About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
An established company with over 30 years in Victoria, BC, Canada with a satellite office in the USA, we are proud to offer our team an environment that combines fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work-life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built CCGS Sir John Franklin, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to live and work in Victoria and be a part of a respectful team that understands the need to balance dedication to the workplace with personal and family responsibilities, are just some of the things that make for a rewarding career with SSI.
About the Opportunity
Due to our continued growth, SSI CA is currently seeking to fill a Systems Administrator position in our IT department in Victoria, BC. This position will require the candidate to work in our office full-time in Victoria, BC.
- Provide support for Internal Employee requests, analyze problems and escalate issues, when necessary.
- Communicate technical information to nontechnical users
- Troubleshoot desktop and printer hardware and software issues; resolve issues to the end user's satisfaction.
- Install, configure, and test all new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Troubleshooting, LAN/WAN and connectivity issues.
- Ensuring the integrity of data storage and backup systems.
- Using security tools to protect the network from hackers, malware, and other threats.
- Anticipating problems and resolving them before they impact users when possible.
- Testing software and reviewing application logs.
- Adding, removing, or updating user information like passwords or internal email addresses.
- Minimum 3 years' of professional related experience.
- A demonstrated aptitude and interest in technology.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- A demonstrated ability to problem solve and follow direction effectively.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new technology and procedures.
- Must have a valid Canadian Work Permit.
- Possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in the resolution of issues related to desktop, servers, applications or network systems in a Windows environment.
- Proven experience supporting Windows based environment Microsoft Windows Server family.
- Support experience in a Domain environment.
- Functional knowledge of Network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
Beneficial to have:
- Experience working in a ticketing system with detailed note taking skills.
- Microsoft Office 365 support experience.
- Working knowledge of virtualization technologies Such as VMware.
- Experience with Sophos, Dell, Unity, networking equipment.
- Customer service experience.
- A university degree, diploma in computer science or related IT certificates.
- Microsoft certification(s) MCSA or MCITP
- CISCO certifications(s)
- CCNA (Not Required but would be helpful)
Please note: The successful candidate must either be a Canadian Citizen, or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit and be willing to work in the SSI office in Victoria, BC full-time.
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, you can expect to receive a competitive annual salary depending on skills and experience, plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!