National Occupational Classification Code 2173
- Exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join a leader in the ship and offshore structure design software market
- Great opportunity for professional development and career progression
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits and profit sharing plan
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for a permanent, full time Software Developer to join one of our development teams in Victoria, BC. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to work with a high-performing Product Development team. The successful candidate will be part of a team of expert Product Developers who continually push the boundaries of the technologies and methodologies of effective product development. SSI is a global Software Company servicing the needs of the Off-shore and Marine industries all over the globe for over 30 years. We are proud to offer a fully inclusive culture and workplace welcoming ALL people with relevant skills and experience to our flat organizational structure, working with self-directed teams using Agile Principles as well as our own defined SSI Principles to guide us in our daily work.
This challenging position offers the opportunity to work in desktop application, SQL Server, and microservice oriented development on one of our teams.
Your skills and interests will influence the nature of this position.
What we look for:
- Degree, Diploma or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to work and collaborate with a team
- Creative problem solving skills
Great to Have:
- AutoCAD or other CAD software experience
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience working in the Visual Studio development environment
- C# experience
- C++ experience
- SQL Server or other relational database experience
Please note: The successful candidate must be willing to work remotely within Canada with a relocation to Victoria, BC as per Covid-19 guidelines, and either be a Canadian Citizen or hold a valid Canadian Permanent Residency or Work Permit.
About the Benefits
SSI offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full Benefit package, competitive wages and profit sharing, as well as education benefits and self paced learning opportunities and the opportunity to work from home on a partial basis. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!