About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for a permanent, full time Accounting Assistant to join one of our development teams in Victoria, BC. This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to work with a high-performing Finance team. The successful candidate will be part of a team of expert Accountants who continually push the boundaries of the technologies and methodologies of effective finance. SSI is a global Software Company servicing the needs of the Off-shore and Marine industries all over the globe for over 30 years. We are proud to offer a fully inclusive culture and workplace welcoming ALL people with relevant skills and experience to our flat organizational structure, working with self-directed teams using Agile Principles as well as our own defined SSI Principles to guide us in our daily work.
- Report to the Accounting Manager
- Responsible for the accounting functions of seven international subsidiaries
- Process for Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain and reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts
- Support the preparation of year-end working papers and documentation
- Maintain relationships and communicate with international external professional groups such as accounting firms and financial institutions
- Minimum 3-5 years of accounting related experience (preferably in a multi-national environment)
- Intermediate level student in accounting designation program
- Demonstrated high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of accounting principles
- Competent with the use of MS Office
- Experience with Sage and Business Central an asset
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience considered
About the Benefits
SSI offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full Benefit package, competitive wages and profit sharing, as well as education benefits and self paced learning opportunities and the opportunity to work from home on a partial basis.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!