Events & Social Media Marketing Coordinator
About the Opportunity
This position is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to work with a high-performing marketing team in Victoria, BC. The successful candidate will be part of a team of expert marketers who continually push the boundaries of the technologies and methodologies of effective marketing. SSI is a global Software Company servicing the needs of the Off-shore and Marine industries all over the globe for over 30 years. We are proud to offer a fully inclusive culture and workplace welcoming ALL people with relevant skills and experience to our flat organizational structure, working with self-directed teams using Agile Principles as well as our own defined SSI Principles to guide us in our daily work.
- responsible for the booking, organization, and coordination of virtual and physical events: trade shows, seminars, and conferences – including pre and post-show activities
- assist with the development of marketing strategies and annual marketing plans owning and enacting a social media plan that focuses on one-to-one engagement
- ship and receive marketing materials
- assisting with travel arrangements for other departments (training, PM, PD)
- assist with development of customer satisfaction surveys
- conduct market research, compile data and provide analysis
- assist with organization and implementation of product launch activities
- creation and/or maintenance of documentation of all processes and procedures
Education & Requirements:
- college diploma or degree in an accredited marketing, communications, or public relations program – or equivalent work experience
- experience creating/enacting social media plans that stimulate active engagement.
- solid working knowledge of the Microsoft ecosystem: Teams, SharePoint, Dynamics, etc
- a basic working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- working knowledge of CRMs (HubSpot, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.)
- an understanding of Agile principles
- experience working with executive level stakeholders
While not a minimum requirement for the position, knowledge and skills in the following areas will be considered:
- an understanding of Account Based Marketing (ABM)
- agile business methodologies
- building community engagement on social platforms
- public speaking (presentations/persuasive writing)
- an understanding of the Confluence/Jira platforms
- an understanding of CAD applications
About the Benefits
SSI offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full Benefit package, competitive wages and profit sharing, as well as education benefits and self paced learning opportunities and the opportunity to work from home on a partial basis.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!