PLM Technical Analyst
Remote option within Canada or the US
About the Opportunity
SSI has developed ShipbuildingPLM as a vertical specialist PLM solution for the shipbuilding industry, using the Aras Innovator technology foundation. ShipbuildingPLM is tightly integrated with SSI´s ShipConstructor 3D CAD/CAM system, which has been deployed in over 400 clients worldwide.
SSI is looking for an experienced individual to join their SSI Enterprise Solutions team as a PLM Technical Analyst. The purpose of this role is to engage directly with key clients implementing SSI´s ShipbuildingPLM assisting with platform deployment, production roll-out and post-go-live sustainment activities. PLM adoption in the shipbuilding industry is poised for significant expansion in the next five years and SSI is uniquely positioned to address that demand.
As a Tier 2 Technical Analyst, you will spearhead efforts to understand and resolve both end-user and IT administrator questions and issues arising during deployment/roll-out of SSI's ShipbuildingPLM platform. You will also analyze client trends, investigate problem reports, author and publish Knowledge Base articles, compose and produce short explanatory videos.
SSI is a global Software Company servicing the needs of the Off-shore and Marine industries all over the globe for over 30 years. We are proud to offer a fully inclusive culture and workplace welcoming ALL people with relevant skills and experience to our flat organizational structure, working with self-directed teams using Agile Principles as well as our own defined SSI Principles to guide us in our daily work.
- ShipbuildingPLM platform deployment and troubleshooting.
- ShipbuildingPLM post-go-live sustainment and support (end-user and IT admin).
- Development of ShipbuildingPLM support knowledgebase.
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills (verbal over-the-phone/face-to-face, and written)
- Demonstrated Advanced Abilities in Information Technologies, including but not limited to Windows Server platform and components, Microsoft SQL SERVER, Azure cloud deployments.
- Analyze and document operational processes and apply technology to solve problems
- Work effectively with people in stressful situations and maintain positive team and customer relations
- Work with people from various backgrounds and cultures
- Effectively prioritize and organize multiple simultaneous tasks
- 1-2 years experience in a Tier 2 Technical Support role
The following are considered assets:
- Post-secondary education in a technology-related field
- Software systems engineering, system architecture, or design
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
- Experience with AutoCAD and other CAD systems Experience with Atlassian JIRA
- Experience with Agile development (Scrum and Kanban)
About the Benefits
SSI offers a competitive compensation package that includes a full benefits package, competitive wages and profit-sharing, as well as education benefits and self-paced learning opportunities and the opportunity to work from home on a partial basis.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – Apply to SSI today!