- Challenging and Rewarding Career Opportunity
- Competitive Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Exciting opportunity to work in a 5 star Hotel
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252-guest rooms featuring stunning river views. Hosting an array of busy food and beverage outlets in our courtyard, The Pav Bar is the ideal place for our customers to relax at the bar and enjoy an amazing selection of food with family, friends or colleagues. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please follow the links to our website through: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced and professional Bar Manager to join our great team at the Pavilion Bar and additionally manage our In Room Dining operations within Stamford Plaza. As our Bar Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, revenue and profit while controlling the labour costs and operating costs. You will lead and inspire your staff by ensuring 5 star customer service to all guests in the Bar, outside Courtyard, the Hotel Lobby, and within Room Service. This is a hands on role and will see you working mainly on the floor, taking charge of service and reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A proactive hands on approach to drive, motivate and manage a successful team
- Lead a team in delivering 5 star customer service that is sophisticated and knowledgeable
- Ensure all staff and operations are performing at their full potential, maximum productivity and are consistent across all areas of service
- Proven experience in leading and developing staff with the ability to own and resolve issues
- Experience in monitoring and controlling payroll and rostering staff effectively according to budget and occupancy
- Put forward and implement innovative ideas and processes to improve overall operations
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to build strong customer relationships with all types of patrons
- A high attention to detail and exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn software required in this role including Kronos, Connx and Micros Programs
- Flexibility of working afternoons and evenings including weekends and public holidays
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 years experience in a similar role preferably in a Hotel Environment
- Experience supervising and managing a busy evening bar
- A broad knowledge of and passion for the Industry
- An understanding of F&B cost and control
- Knowledge of full procedural and legislative compliance including fire safety, hygiene and WH&S requirements.
- Must have a current RSA Certificate
- Mircos experience is an advantage
- Must be an Australian Resident
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Excellent Salary Package & Employee Benefits
- Subsidised Staff meals
- Dry Cleaning
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Discounted accommodation throughout Stamford Hotels & Resorts
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete our application.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that may arise in the next 3 months.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.