- Rare opportunity to establish your professional reputation
- Work with award winning chefs
- Supportive, close-knit kitchen team
Specialising in Modern Asian cuisine that tips its well-deserved two Chef Hat awards to Western presentation and palates, The Tamarind’s menu effortlessly combines sweet, sour and spicy flavours with fresh local produce to create original and innovative taste sensations. The perfect meeting of the traditional and the new, every dish evokes the vitality of Asia and the warmth of Spicers Tamarind Retreat.
About the Role
The Tamarind restaurant, set within the five-star luxury Spicers Tamarind Retreat now has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Commis Chef or Chef de Partie to join the team on a full-time basis. If you are looking to learn and work with a dynamic team of highly regarded Chefs who have built their reputations on quality dining experiences, we would love to hear from you. Recently awarded two Chef Hats in both the 2017 Australian Good Food and Travel Guide and 2016 Queensland Good Food Guide, The Tamarind provides the perfect platform to showcase and further develop your culinary skills.
Working in our kitchen team and reporting to Head Chef, Daniel Jarrett, your primary focus will be to deliver an exceptional dining experience for our guests whilst growing your career in an inspiring environment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who possesses the following:
- relevant qualifications
- experience working in a similar establishment (fine dining, a la carte, hatted restaurant)
- a desire to learn and willingness to follow direction
- a passion for cooking and an interest in keeping abreast of latest trends and innovations
- an emphasis on quality and pride in your work
- a great work ethic and team player
- commitment, reliability and determination
The Tamarind caters for all food experiences at the property including: restaurant (breakfast, lunch and dinner); bar; in-room dining; functions, conferences and events so candidates must be versatile.
As a team member of Spicers Retreats you will enjoy: a competitive remuneration package; very generous team discounts; the opportunity to participate in our team famil program; and be provided with ongoing training and development opportunities working with the industries best!
If you’re looking for more than ‘just a job’, apply now for a career you’ll love!