Expressions of Interest - Assistant Store Manager
All Victorian Stores
Off Ya Tree is a well-established, successful retail business that prides itself on being edgy and fun. With over 30 years in the industry and 31 stores (and growing!) across Australia, we're a well-known brand too. Off Ya Tree sells street wear, ladies fashion and jewellery and provides piercing services to a wide range of customers. Headed by the parent company Thendro Pty Ltd, Off Ya Tree is the sister chain to the Off The Beach stores which sell beach essentials, souvenirs, street wear and ladies fashion. Our well-known brands are among the leaders in the retail market.
It's our high concentration of skilled, customer service focused people that make Off Ya Tree the flourishing, dynamic place that it is. We believe that attitude is everything so we look for people to join us who are positive, professional and know the importance of great customer service.
We are currently accepting expressions of interest from exciting, energetic and experienced Assistant Managers who are confident and capable leaders and are looking join our Victorian teams.
We are seeking a professional and experienced retail Assistant Manager, who will help lead a small team and contribute to the success of our brand Off Ya Tree. Being an Assistant Manager is a role that requires strong prior retail experience and someone who can quickly develop a strong working relationship with the Store Manager and share their vision for the store while also maintaining the respect of the team. The role will require you to effectively assist in managing the store, supporting the guidelines set out by the Store Manager whilst also ensuring a high level of customer service is delivered at all times and that the store is safe and secure for our staff and customers.
As well at the Store Manager, you'll also work closely with the Regional Manager and with our Melbourne based Head Office team.
The key skills required for this role include:
- A mature, confident yet constructive outlook about management is a must
- The ability to develop and foster working relationships quickly
- At least 3 years' experience in a retail environment is essential
- Ideally at least 2 years' experience in a retail 2IC or manager role is essential
- Experience in Body Piercing or a strong interest in being trained in this field is essential
- Ability to motivate and train a successful sales team
- A positive customer service focus
- Ability to juggle lots of things at once, to maximise all sales opportunities while motivating the team to do the same
- Have working knowledge of POS systems, cash handling procedures, EFTPOS facilities and associated paperwork and be able to train all staff in best practice.
What we offer
While you've been reading this ad have you been thinking that you've got the right attitude and skills to be part of the Off Ya Tree team?
If so, we'd love for you to submit your application! Apart from a competitive rate, staff sales incentives and generous staff discounts, we offer the chance to work for a supportive company that is full of opportunity.
Applications must include a CV. To be considered for this position you must be an Australia citizen or have the appropriate visa to indefinitely live and work in Australia.
Note: We won’t be accepting candidates from agencies at this stage.