Front of House Client Engagement Officer
Casual, work on a need basis
Based at Ozanam Learning Centre, Woolloomooloo NSW
SCHCADS Level 2, hourly rates range from $25.42 plus casual loading where applicable
Role will fit someone with a passion for connecting and developing relationships with people from all walks of life
Work in a busy client focussed dynamic environment where you can expect the expected and unexpected
What we do
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hands up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
About the Service
The Ozanam Learning Centre (OLC) supports people who are at imminent risk of homelessness or those who require social inclusion options to prevent them from falling into cycles of disadvantage and marginalisation. We are focused on producing sustainable pathways that provide people with skills, confidence, and opportunities. With an innovative approach, the OLC works to empower individuals and promote independent living.
The Front of House Client Engagement Officer will be the first point of contact for people who are homeless /at risk of homelessness or require social inclusion options and seeking assistance from OLC. Support in enabling them to access the programs and activities being offered at the Ozanam Learning Centre is a primary objective of this role. Your welcoming, supportive and non-judgmental approach is highly important to this role that involves a lot of interaction with people who seek assistance from OLC, as well as with volunteers and program facilitators.
You will also provide reception and other administrative support to the operations of the OLC and will report to the OLC Program Manager.
Please click here for a copy of the Position Description.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A minimum of three years demonstrated experience working with people who have been socially excluded due to any number of personal or societal issues and / or who present with challenging behaviour
- Developed verbal communication skills; confident with active listening, speaks with courtesy and able to convey information effectively
- A proactive approach to responding to challenges
- Ability to assess the needs and respond to the enquiries of people that use the service
- A basic level of administrative skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and to cooperate with others to achieve common goals
- IT competency, particularly with the use of Microsoft Office programs
- Willingness to adhere to the ethos and Mission and Vision of the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW with the ability and commitment to maintain an ethical, non-judgmental, attitude towards clients.
Come and join our team!
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- In addition to excellent learning and development programs, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide opportunities to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and Entitlement to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
If you have questions about this role, please email to Clare Wynne (OLC Program Manager), quoting job number and position title: Front of House Client Engagement Officer (OLC) / VIN1197.
Applications close at 11:30 pm on 21 October 2018
Please submit your application attaching your Resume and answer the screening questions below this job ad.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.