Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated leader who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of washing dishes and health and safety. You are committed to nurturing careers, fostering learning and having fun. If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a difference in people’s lives are important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As a Dishwasher at a V!VA Retirement Community, you will be accountable to your schedule and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on cleanliness. The incumbent is responsible for implementing all aspects of the Dish Pit Area to meet the sanitation standards as they pertain to a safe kitchen and the cleanliness of tableware, pots & pans, and cooking equipment and a high level of organization. When needed, you will be part of the first response team for all emergency calls from our Community Members and provide them with a compassionate and supportive approach to their needs.
- Assures 100% responsibility for the cleanliness and storage of dishware etc.
- Load, run and unload dish machine.
- Keep dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems immediately to Executive Chef (Sous Chef or Food Service Manager in his/her absence)
- Monitor dish machine and related equipment for temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycles are maintained and record same on log sheets
- Complete temperature and chemical log on a daily basis during each shift
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen
- Bag and haul away garbage to the dumpsters and re-cycle bins.
- Closing the dish pit area properly, including the cleaning of the dish machine, pot sinks, sweep and mop the floors in the enclosed dish pit area as well as area in front of doors
- Assist other Team Members whenever needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Chef or Sous Chef
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Possess a Positive Work Attitude and work well with other Team Members
- Ability to work Unsupervised at times.
- Ability to Communicate effectively and clearly
- Ability to Reach, Bend, Stoop and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work in a Fast Paced Environment.
- Ability to work in a Hot, Humid, Loud, Environment
- Updated police check with vulnerable sector * verified annually
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Available for call-ins
V!VA Retirement Communities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.