Find your opportunity to Make Today Great!
If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a real difference in peoples’ lives are important to you, we want you on our team. Please see below for current job opportunities. While we thank all respondents, only those under consideration will be contacted.
You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated team player who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have abilities and customer service experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of serving, handling food and be a contributing team player to the overall success of the Community. You are committed to upholding the V!VA Values and Culture. If making a difference in people’s lives is important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As Concierge, you will be accountable to your schedule and job duties as they pertain to your assigned shifts. You will collaborate and work as a team player with emphasis on outstanding telephone etiquette and communication, record keeping and organization as the first contact for our Community Members and guests above all most providing exceptional service to our Community Members and Visitors. When needed, you will be part of the first response team for all emergency calls from our Community Members and provide them with a compassionate and supportive approach to their needs. You will report and document all findings both in the communication binder and to the Services Manager/Community Director or designate to ensure a seamless communication and support system. Ensure the appropriate methods of maintaining confidentiality and privacy of information are carried out in your day to day tasks and communication. Working closely with the Services Manager/Community Director or designate to address, support and honor the needs of our current and prospective Community Members.
- Communicates directly with community members and guests in person and by telephone to handle their concerns and issues. Ensuring to pass on to the appropriate manager when necessary.
- Provides information on the community and services, events and arranges local activities.
- Arranges tours, travel, transportation when necessary.
- Arranges tickets, bookings, appointments and reservations.
- Provides access, entrance and exit supervision for community members and guests.
- Ensures the entrance and exits are kept free from any material that could pose a danger to the community members and guests.
- Assists community members with automobile issues where necessary
- Plans and arranges the necessary details and team support for conferences and parties for community members, internal and external groups.
- Responds to any emergency calls by or on the behalf of Community Members. Make calls to the Emergency Medical System and/or the Community Member’s emergency contact, as required.
- Ensures issue resolution relating to Concierge Services are followed through with in cooperation with Community Members, families, other V!VA Team Members.
- Ensure the delivery of services required by Community Members. This includes referring Community Members and families to the appropriate manager should they require additional services or information.
- Ensures that documentation will be kept up to date on every Community Member ensuring that any changes are noted within. This includes communication of this information to the rest of the team via means as necessary (email, written, verbal) ie phone number, moving suites, Leave of absence
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and annual audits as requested by the Services Manager
- Report any undesired behaviours, signs or symptoms that may attribute to the decline of general wellness of the Community Members.
- Follows and ensures effective Infection Control protocols are in place when needed ie outbreak
- Assistance with managing common areas ie perks, pub
- Attends and contributes to all Concierge department meetings and applicable Community meetings ie town hall
- Assists the Services Manager with developing departmental goals by providing input regarding the concierge department, Waterside operations, talent and training plan and Health & Safety/Risk plan
- Implements, monitors, and achieves all approved departmental goals as set out
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
- Post-secondary training or relevant experience in tourism or hospitality management would be preferred
- Some experience with seniors is desired
- Knowledge in MS office (outlook, word, excel)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong knowledge of local community, area and region
- Good problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers and subordinates
- Ability to manage their time effectively with little supervision
- Up to date police check-vulnerable sector * verified annually
- Ability to work as a team member, understanding the priorities of others
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Available for call-ins
V!VA Retirement Communities welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.