About the Company:
WHSmith is an historic, much loved international retailer that operates stores in an array of fast paced, dynamic environments including airports, train stations, hospitals, universities, and shopping centres. We are a retailer focusing on news, books and convenience, and are a renowned, competitive leader in the travel market worldwide.
Scope of Position:
We are currently recruiting for Store Managers to be based at Melbourne Airport and Melbourne CBD locations to provide support and leadership across several units. We are looking for energetic, flexible and highly organised team players with proven experience in a similar role to join our team.
The successful applicant will be driven; have strong leadership skills, a well developed sense of initiative and ability to make decisions. They will be determined, hard working, creative, have excellent communication skills and the ability to adapt to different environments.
As the Store Manager you will be responsible for maintaining the success of your store through staff management and financial control. You will be hands on to ensure high standards of customer service are maintained and company policies and procedures are being followed.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Leading a 'Customer first' culture
- You will be an expert on both front and back of house operations and reporting.
- Responsible for training and developing the team.
- Leading the team to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Driving sales strategies and key performance indicators with your team.
- Merchandising and stock rotation to ensure standards are met.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 year's management experience in a fast paced retail environment.
- Leadership and mentoring abilities.
- The desire to build a career in Retail Management.
- Knowledge of busy retail operations with a focus on quality service.
- Experience managing stock and labour costs.
- Effective staff management and training skills.
- The ability to achieve targets and KPIs.
- Food and Beverage Experience will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility with work hours and willingness to work weekends/public holidays when needed.
If you are an experienced Store Manager who is motivated to work in a growing, fast paced, and dynamic business then we would love to hear from you! Apply today with a cover letter and your CV making note of your salary expectations and preferred work location.