Business Development Manager
- Work with an historic British retailer and growing international brand
- CBD based offices
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Work within a category market leader
WHSmith is a renowned worldwide retailer with 1500 stores globally, operating in 30 countries and growing at rapid rate. This growth is due to existing business acquisitions and tender wins across the world including Australia.
Are you looking for your next opportunity in a fast pace environment? Have you ever considered what it would be like to work for a global retailer that is investing in its people, technology and has global development opportunities ? Well now you have the opportunity: WHSmith Australia is looking for a talented and experienced Business Development Manager to join us on this journey.
What you’ll do:
Reporting directly to the Development Director, the Business Development Manager will lead and participate in the strategic growth initiatives for the retail business. You are responsible for identifying and project managing the new business initiatives through to the store opening.
You have good analytical skills and the ability to make informed decisions based on sound analysis. You are also able to form good relationships with stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the Business Development strategy, direction and budget for the Company
- The ability to identify and interpret new business opportunities (such as tender briefings)
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to prepare a clear and robust business case based on accurate inputs
- Industry knowledge of campus retailing (airports, stations, hospitals, universities and shopping malls) in FMCG
- Knowledge of franchise business is preferred, but not essential
- Relationship building with current and new business partners, including landlords, franchise partners and internal stakeholders
- Develop processes and procedures to streamline the Business Development processes
- Preparation of reports, plans and budgets for submission to the Executive team
- Lease negotiation, renewals and lease maintenance
- Participation in start-up teams for new businesses
- Experience in retail business development or operations
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement strategy
- Good analytical skills and ability to demonstrate this in spreadsheets
- Strong negotiation skills
- Engaging and effective communication style
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Positive and flexible approach
Join our rapidly expanding team, and make your mark on the company's success! Please apply using the links provided, making note of your salary expectations in a covering letter.