- Are you wanting to become a Store Manager within the next 12 months?
- Are you passionate about looking after customers and making a positive difference
- Are you wanting to take that next step in your Retail career?
If the answer to those questions is YES, then we have the role for you!
WHSmith is an historic, much loved international retailer that operates stores in an array of fast paced, dynamic environments including airports, train stations, hospitals, universities, and shopping centres.
We are looking for a Full time Team Leader to join our team at our store in Southern Cross Station . We will work with you giving you a structured and tailored development plan that gets you ready for that next step in your career.
The role - when the Store Manager is away, it’s your store!
You can practice, develop and demonstrate your skills and talent in a controlled and safe environment.
- In charge of the store when the Store Manager is not present
- Supervising both front and back of house retail operations
- Lead a team to serve customers in a timely, efficient, and courteous manner, role modelling service superstardom!
- Involved in merchandising and stock rotation.
- Banking and Cash handing activities
- You have the desire to make a difference and enjoy talking to people.
- At least 6 months' experience in a retail environment - ideally with evidence at a supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of busy retail operations with a focus on quality service
- Warm, friendly, and outgoing personality;
- Flexibility with work hours and approach to getting things done.
- The desire to build a career in retail management;
- Keen to get stuck in where required!
Please apply using the links provided, specifying your expectations re. hourly rate of pay in a covering note. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.