Senior Accountant/ Accountant
About the Company:
WHSmith is an historic, much loved international retailer that operates stores in an array of fast paced, dynamic environments including airports, train stations, hospitals, universities, and shopping centres. We are a retailer focusing on news, books and convenience, and are a renowned, competitive leader in the travel market worldwide.
We are currently seeking a motivated and professional Accountant/ Senior Accountant to join our Commercial Finance team on an initial 6 month basis with the potential to extend.
Scope of Position:
The Accountant/ Senior Accountant will report to the Commercial Finance Manager and act as their 2IC. This is a senior level accounting role which includes management and financial accounting duties. This role is also responsible for completing the month end and reconciliation process for the company.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Month end duties including monthly management accounts, journals, GL and balance sheet reconciliations;
- Tax compliance including preparation of company tax return;
- Assist with the annual audit;
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting process
- Ad-hoc project work including supporting the move to new Leasing recognition standards;
- Preparation of statutory accounts;
- Providing coaching and support to junior team members;
- Ad-hoc reporting when required;
Skills & Experience:
- CA/CPA qualified or close to completion
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in a retail or FMCG environment will be highly regarded
- Attention to detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Excel) skills
- Strong numerical and excellent communication skills
- Experience in the use of financial systems
- Strong team player
If you are motivated to make a move in your career and interested in working in a growing, fast paced and dynamic business then we would love to hear from you!
Interested? Please click the "Apply" button to start your application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.