Central Operations Coordinator
- Providing support to both retails stores and field team
- Fast paced, contemporary working environment
About the Company:
WHSmith is an historic British retailer focusing on news, books and convenience, and is a renowned, competitive leader in the travel market worldwide. Our Australian operations, under which 7 brands currently operate, are rapidly expanding and since WHSmith is expected to continue this growth, we are looking for a Central Operations Coordinator to join us on this journey.
About the Role:
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the Retail Operations Coordinator will act as a liaison between stores and all other WH Smith functions including Finance, Payroll, Display Planning and Merchandise and to support the WH Smith Retail teams across all brands with business administration. This is a full time 5 days/ week role based in our support office.
Summary of the Position:
- A reliable communication point between the Retail Operations Team, Store Team and all other departments.
- General Administration including the management of the Central Operations inbox and database management.
- Write and support Store communications for the Retail Operations Team
- Work with the Operations Director to define workload for store based teams.
- End to end coordination of repairs and maintenance for stores
- Administration and reporting on training records from the online training portal
- Responsible for the collation and management of safety information and records – liaising with Field teams to ensure all employees have received the correct training and to maintain digital records for all members.
- Updating, publishing and creation of "Best Practice" for store teams that is then hosted on the business Intranet.
- Control and manage Intranet content- ensuring that content is relevant, simple and engaging.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong Retail experience – will suit someone who has previously worked as a Store Manager who has a good understanding of store processes
- Administration experience within retail environment
- Organised with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Team focused with the ability to multi-task and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Willingness to learn with a results driven attitude
If you are motivated to make a move in your career and interested in working in a growing, fast paced and dynamic business then we would love to hear from you!
Interested? Please click the "Apply" button to start your application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.