About the Company:
WHSmith is an historic, much loved international retailer that operates stores in an array of fast paced, dynamic environments including airports, train stations, hospitals, universities, and shopping centres. We are a retailer focusing on news, books and convenience, and are a renowned, competitive leader in the travel market worldwide.
Scope of Position:
We are currently recruiting for an Inventory Manager to assist with the day to day running of the Warehouse and Warehouse team.
The successful applicant will be driven; have strong leadership skills, a developed sense of initiative and ability to make decisions. They will be determined, hard working, diligent, have excellent communication skills, be hands on and have the ability to adapt to different environments.
As the Inventory Manager you will be responsible for maintaining an accurate stockfile with high levels of accuracy in all incoming and outgoing deliveries. You will be responsible for stock and processes relating to inventory for the Melbourne airport WHSmith stores.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be an expert on both front and back of house operations and reporting
- Responsible for training and developing the team
- Leading the team to receive and deliver stock efficiently on a daily basis
- Accountable for delivery of Stock KPIs
- Completing weekly cycle counts on high cost products
- Ensure magazine and book returns are completed in a timely manner and all credits are verified
- Merchandising and stock rotation to ensure standards are met
- Manage Stock File integrity to ensure availability of stock and to minimise loss
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a fast paced retail or warehouse environment.
- Experience managing small or medium sized teams
- The ability to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Leadership and mentoring abilities.
- The desire to build a career in Retail Management.
- Knowledge of busy retail operations with high stock turnover
- Experience managing stock and labour costs.
- Effective staff management and training skills.
- The ability to achieve targets and KPIs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility with work hours and willingness to work weekends/public holidays when needed.
The benefits include a competitive remuneration package whilst joining a highly sought after company. Please apply now with your CV and cover letter outlining your salary expectations.