Cook/ Sandwich Hand
- Work with a great team
- Work in a fast paced cafe environment
- Career Progression Opportunities
About the Company
WHSmith is an historic British retailer focusing on news, books and convenience, and is a renowned, competitive leader in the travel market worldwide. Our Australian operations, under which 7 brands currently operate, are rapidly expanding and WHSmith is expected to continue this growth.
We currently operate a large number of cafés under our "Fresh+" brand in hospitals across NSW, QLD, and SA, providing food, beverages, and convenience retail to hospital staff and the general public. We are looking for an energetic, flexible, and personable Cook/ Sandwich Hand with proven experience in a similar scale food and beverage role for our Doctors Orders cafes in Gold Coast University Hospital.
The ideal candidate will be determined, hardworking, creative and have excellent communication skills and be able to adapt to different environments.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Pre-service kitchen preparation
- Preparation of all ingredients
- Full knowledge of and ability to cook all menu items (basic cafe-style food).
- Providing suggestions for menu improvement and changes.
- Safe food handling and knowledge of HACCP.
- Responsible for ensuring the kitchen is always a clean, safe, and efficient workspace.
- Working closely with the Head Chef, particularly with regards to ordering stock.
- Assume some responsibility of all kitchen duties, ordering and compliance.
- Consistently prepare high volume of food within the Cafe
Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years' back of house experience in food retail/or a Café.
- Food preparation and presentation experience
- Food Safety Supervisor certification
- Experience managing stock control and costs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- An interest in food and beverage.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking for a lifestyle change to daytime work away from the traditional nights and weekend work that comes with working in hospitality. The role will be on a casual basis. If you are interested in this role, please apply using the links provided.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.