Level 2, 3 & 4 Case Manager
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Salary Packaging, Meals and Entertainment Packaging
- Higher than award wages
- Generous motor vehicle allowance
- Casual Position – Day shifts only
- Based in Seddon (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham provides aged care services to those who are financially disadvantaged and have previously been homeless or are at risk of becoming homeless. Our team of Carers, Case Managers and Outreach Workers provide holistic care and support to clients who live independently in their own homes.
Your new role
Wintringham is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Level 2, 3 & 4 Case Manager with a commitment to social justice to join our multi-disciplinary community team at our Western Community Housing & Support Office based in Seddon. This exciting and diverse role is a casual position with the expectation to cover leave based at either our Seddon, Lionsville (Williamstown) & Delahey sites.
Reporting to the Community Housing & Support Manager, this role will assist clients living in their own homes to maintain their independence and lifestyle of their choice by providing a high level of care. You will be helping address issues of social isolation for program clients and assist clients to maintain or improve their accommodation.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking initial assessments for new clients
- Developing and implementing care plans
- Supervising Care & Support staff to ensure that acceptable standards of delivery are provided
- Participate in care reviews with managers, clients and carers
- Effectively managing services provided within budgetary constraints
Wintringham’ s response to COVID-19
Client and staff safety is paramount to us at Wintringham. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have and will continue to ensure that our staff are supplied with the resources they need to guarantee they are working in a safe and risk-averse environment. If you gain employment with Wintringham, you will be provided with all necessary personal protective equipment in accordance with the advice from the Department of Health & Chief Health Officer throughout your working day. We have strict COVID-19 policies and procedures to ensure that our staff as well as our clients are kept safe in the community.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Diploma/Certificate IV of Nursing (with medication endorsement + current registration with AHPRA) or an approved tertiary qualification in Social Work
- Previous experience and excellent knowledge in the community Aged Care setting as a Case Manager working with Home Care Packages (mandatory)
- Outstanding computer and documentation skills (mandatory)
- Current drivers licence with a reliable vehicle suitable for transporting clients
- Knowledge of housing and support issues facing older homeless people whom may have a physical and/or mental disability.
- Skills in assessing clients care, support, health and housing needs.
What is in it for you?
We are committed to offering an enjoyable, safe and flexible workplace that provides a work-life balance. When you are working with Wintringham, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Access to exclusive not-for-profit salary packaging: salary package your personal expenses up to the amount of $15,900.
- Continuous development: we believe in giving our staff the skills they need and will keep you up to date with yearly qualifications such as behaviour management, first aid, CPR and manual handling. We offer many growth opportunities and have a strong internal recruitment program.
- Free access to wellbeing services: Staff wellbeing portal, exclusive discounts and our Employee Assistance Program
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about the role, you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here.
Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 30th October 2020
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records check & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check. Refusal to consent to Wintringham providing your information to the DWES unit will prevent us from being able to continue with your application. Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
Applicants must have already undertaken a flu vaccination within the 2020 calendar year in order to be considered for this role.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.