- Are you an experienced Scrum Master with proven leadership skills?
- Join a leader in the ship and offshore structure design software market!
- Enjoy competitive compensation, full benefits, and bonus program!
About the Organization
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval ships now being built with SSI solutions, and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite office in Alabama, we are proud to offer our team an environment that facilitates fascinating and challenging work with a healthy work/life balance. A career with us gives you the opportunity to work on complex and graphically-oriented software that is used on high profile marine projects worldwide. These exciting projects include the recently built Staten Island ferries, as well as a myriad of both international and US defense projects. The ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world is what makes a career with SSI so rewarding.
In 2013, SSI was awarded the VIATec award for Business of the Year in Ocean Products - a true testament to our success within the industry.
About the Opportunity
SSI is looking for an experienced individual to join their Product Development team as a Scrum Master in Victoria, BC.
As a Scrum Master, you will be responsible for leading and coaching the SSI Development Teams in Scrum adoption and improving our Scrum and Agile processes. You will work alongside other Scrum Masters to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the teams by advocating and aiding in the adoption of Agile Engineering practices and principles, identifying and removing barriers to progress, and coaching individuals and teams on self-organization and cross functionality.
In collaboration with other Scrum Masters, you will be responsible for leading and coaching SSI in its Agile adoption. As a servant-leader, you will work with multiple Scrum teams to identify impediments and remove barriers to Scrum adoption and implementation.
Other key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and coaching SSI and its development teams in Scrum adoption
- Planning and improving Scrum and Agile Process implementations within SSI
- Coaching the Development Teams in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Identifying and removing impediments to the Development Teams’ progress
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of Scrum at SSI
- Working with Product Owners to ensure the Product Backlog is clear, well ordered, and maximizes value
- Advocating and aiding adoption of Agile Engineering Practices and Principles
- Minimizing distractions to the Development Teams by resolving conflicts and protecting them from unnecessary external interruptions
- Helping the Scrum Teams to improve their process and practices to make development more effective and enjoyable
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed
To qualify for this role, you will need to have a minimum of two years of experience as a Scrum Master/Agile Project Manager and/or Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
Although not required, it would be a definite asset if you have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience serving at least two Scrum teams simultaneously
- Previous experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing
- Experience with AutoCAD or other CAD systems
- 3+ years of experience in software development and/or project management or other relevant professional experience
- Experience with User Stories, Agile Estimation techniques, Automated Testing, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
In addition to your knowledge base, you must have proven leadership, facilitation and motivation skills, strong written and oral communication skills, and a passion for effectiveness, teamwork and continuous improvement. You will also have a true desire to learn and advance your skills.
It is important that you are a strategic, adaptive thinker who can shift priorities within an ever-changing environment. Lastly, if you can take the initiative and are accustomed to leading by example, then we want to hear from you.
About the Benefits
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, energetic and dedicated people who make up our team. Although the work may be challenging, we foster a fun, flexible and friendly working environment with:
- A casual, relaxed work environment
- Flexible work hours that support a work-life balance
- Seasonal social events (Friday pub lunches, potlucks, Pi day, Christmas parties, theme days, and more)
- Weekly onsite yoga classes
- Paid time off to attend blood donation drives
Upon joining SSI, the successful incumbent can expect to receive a competitive annual salary of $65,000-$75,000 plus great employee benefits, including:
- ParaMedical, Dental, and Vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training
If you enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment and want to take your career to the next level with a local employer of choice – apply to SSI today!