Our Group and Growth Plans
Scout Talent is part of Scout Talent Group - a group of Australian companies dedicated to recruitment marketing, talent attraction and digital innovation.
Our Group brands are comprised of:
- RecruitShop- offering a simple and effective flat-fee recruitment product aimed at SMEs
- Employment Office- a recruitment marketing organisation that makes it easy for mid-sized organisations to attract, recruit and onboard the best talent
- Scout Talent- a recruitment tech business, offering best of breed talent engagement, recruitment and onboarding software to mid- and large-sized organisations around the world
- NetEngine- a custom software, web and mobile development company that works with start-ups and established organisations all over the world to bring their digital visions to life
Together we have over 100 employees and offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Vancouver.
Our steady growth over the last decade, coupled with our services-enabled-software strategy, sets us up well for our three-year plan to IPO.
It’s an exciting time to join the team and we’re looking for A-Players who want to contribute to and be part of what will be a busy, challenging, rewarding next stage in our evolution.
We’re on the lookout for a Data Scientist to join our team, working with us on our AI strategy and project plan, using machine learning, predictive analytics and large data analysis tools to utilise our large amounts of candidate/recruitment data. This is all for the purpose of enriching and empowering our clients’ experience across our range of products and services.
Reporting to our CEO, you will be leading the team on all AI and machine learning research, using your findings to provide advice and recommendations to ensure Scout Talent is at the forefront of innovation and ahead of the latest trends.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Utilising cloud technologies to develop machine learning and AI solutions for the business;
- Identifying gaps in data and enhancing collection procedures to ensure relevant information is included for building analytic systems;
- Developing any models or prototypes needed to demonstrate solutions; and
- Processing and cleansing data as needed to verify the integrity of its use for analysis.
We want someone who is genuinely passionate about AI, Machine Learning and Deep Learning. You will have hands-on, demonstrable experience in a similar role, and a bachelor's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a relevant area.
Communication skills will be crucial as you will liaise with a range of stakeholders, including non-technical end users. You will also be open to accepting feedback and capable of reflecting on past results, drawing insights, and identifying areas of improvement.
Importantly, we're after someone who is approaching this opportunity with a long-term mindset. We all love what we do and need team members who are eager to show up and perform each and every day.
If you’re keen for a challenge, want to play a key role in the ongoing growth and success of Scout Talent Group, and are ready to sink your teeth into some great new initiatives, this is the role for you.
You will have access to our Executive Team and be mentored by our CEO who will encourage your opinions and ideas, while giving you the freedom and autonomy to implement the processes and plans you see fit.
You'll be rewarded with an attractive remuneration package, in line with your skills and experience. You’ll also enjoy ongoing opportunities for paid travel and paid industry conferences.
We value innovation, enthusiasm, ownership, transparency and wellbeing.
Our company culture is really important to us and we celebrate success with regular shout-outs on our internal social network, ringing bells when a new sale comes in, quarterly awards nights/parties, and an annual overseas weekend rewards for our High Achievers (next July we're headed to Seoul!). As much as we recognise and reward our people, we also place importance on focus and self-discipline. It's a good balance.
We've achieved over 15 years of profitable growth, and have increased revenue year-on-year. We’re an established and stable brand name with the agility and energy of a start-up atmosphere. As mentioned earlier, we have a three-year plan to IPO. It’s a good time to join.
Interested? Tell us a bit about yourself below and we'll be in touch shortly.