Recruitment Marketing Coordinator
Our Group and Growth Plans
Employment Office is part of the Scout Talent Group - a group of Australian companies dedicated to recruitment marketing, talent attraction and digital innovation.
- RecruitShop - offering a simple and effective flat-fee recruitment product aimed at SMEs
- Employment Office - a recruitment marketing organisation that makes it easy for mid-sized organisations to attract, recruit and onboard the best talent
- Scout Talent - a recruitment tech business, offering best of breed talent engagement, recruitment and onboarding software to mid- and large-sized organisations around the world
- NetEngine - a custom software, web and mobile development company that works with start-ups and established organisations all over the world to bring their digital visions to life
Together we have over 100 employees and offices in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney and Vancouver.
Our steady growth over the last decade, coupled with our services-enabled-software strategy, sets us up well for our three year plan to IPO.
It’s an exciting time to join the team and we’re looking for A-Players who want to contribute to and be part of what will be a busy, challenging, rewarding next stage in our evolution.
About the Role
As our business and product offering continues to expand, we're now after another full-time Recruitment Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Brisbane.
This is a unique role that encompasses an array of interesting duties (both creative and analytical) that ensure our clients attract top talent for their businesses.
You'll be involved in the copywriting of eye-catching job advertisements, creation of advertising strategy, review of analytics, sharing of insights, and will contribute to the creation of new and innovative ways to find the best candidates for our clients.
Note: This position is all about advertising, marketing, and attraction! You won't be screening, interviewing, or 'selling' candidates.
A typical day will look something like this:
- 7:45am - 8:00am (we officially start at 8:20am but most people choose to be in well before that) - Get to the office. Say hi to your awesome co-workers, settle in, grab a coffee, check your e-mails.
- 8:00am - Plan your day. There's a long list of tasks that need to be prioritised to make sure all deadlines are reached. This role is all about sticking to deadlines without losing quality of work.
- 8:20am - Have a meeting with your team to confirm priorities and get focused. Group high-five optional, but likely.
- 8:30am - 12pm - A mix of:
- Taking briefs and writing job ads for a variety of clients, industries and role types.
- Coordinating advertising schedules. We use a number of different advertising mediums (from job boards to social networks to EDMs and all that's in-between!) to draw the right candidates to apply. The coordination piece of the role means you need to be a steel trap when it comes to organisation and attention to detail. You'll be looking at what we sold the client, and scheduling tasks to make sure everything goes out at an appropriate time and on time.
- Posting your ads across the mediums listed above. They need to be accurate. They need to be posted in the right categories and locations. There is no room for error here. Repeat - steel trap!
- 12pm – Lunch! Catch up with your colleagues in our breakout room, walk down Park Rd to visit a cafe, or take a stroll along the river to get some fresh air and exercise.
- 1pm - 5pm - A mixture of similar tasks to those you did in the morning, plus:
- Developing advertising strategies. One of your clients might say "Where do you think we should advertise to attract Sales Consultants in Melbourne, with a $3,500 budget?" and you'll be responsible for putting together a strategy that is going to nail the brief.
- Meet with colleagues to discuss campaigns that need a little extra love and attention. You're part of the specialist team in our business when it comes to advertising, so you'll make recommendations to turn the campaign from 'sad' to 'WOW'! You'll need a bit of a strategic mindset to interpret analytics and ensure campaigns are performing above market.
- Attend client meetings (usually phone based) to help explain an advertising strategy we might be pitching to the client or to brainstorm on how we can best position a role.
- Work on your directorship. We're a business undergoing an exciting growth period, with lots of great projects waiting for you to sink your teeth into. Every team member has the opportunity to be involved in project work to gain exposure to other parts of our business and contribute to the team in a way that brings variety to your day to day!
- 5pm - Our day officially finishes at 5. If you've gotten through all tasks, great work, get out of here and enjoy your evening. Sometimes you'll stay back later to make sure everything is tidied up and all deadlines are met. On Fridays we take a bit of an early mark to socialise over some in-office drinks!
What kind of person LOVES this role?
Emphasis on the LOVE. It's not going to work for you, or us, if you don't love what you're doing and love the company too.
Here are six qualities that make up a person who is going to love this career:
- Someone with ENERGY and ENTHUSIASM! These attributes are dear to the heart of EO. We want people who have a drive for hitting quality KPIs and a strong work ethic, as well as a personable manner and positive attitude.
- Someone with impeccable attention to detail. To put it plainly, mistakes just can't happen in this role. It is entirely possible to do this work without making mistakes if a high level of attention to detail comes naturally to you.
- Someone who is organised and understands the need for effective and efficient processes. You'll need to understand the importance of working within a structured set of processes, but won't be afraid to speak up if you see an improvement that could be made in this area.
- Someone who has some writing ability. You don't need formal writing qualifications, but you need a bit of a way with words, as well as excellent spelling and grammar. If you read a lot as a kid and teenager, and/or if you've always got a book on the go as an adult, that's a good sign.
- Someone looking for a career, not just a job. Sorry to use a cliché, but it's true. If you're applying for this position with a < 18-month mindset or a sense of "I'll give it a go and see what happens", it's not the right one for you. We invest in our people and give high performers opportunities that many other employers don't - so we need you to invest in us.
- Someone who is professional. This includes being well presented at all times, and professionalism in how you interact with clients, colleagues and job seekers.
On offer is an attractive remuneration package made up of a base salary, super, and performance-based incentives (on-target earnings in your first year are circa $60,000). Our office is centrally located in Milton, with Brisbane river views and a short walk to transport, cafes and shops.
We value innovation, enthusiasm, ownership, transparency and wellbeing.
Our company culture is really important to us and we celebrate success with regular shout-outs on our internal social network, ringing bells when a new sale comes in, quarterly awards nights/parties, and an annual overseas weekend rewards for our High Achievers (later this month we're headed to Las Vegas!). As much as we recognise and reward our people, we also place importance on focus and self-discipline. It's a good balance.
We've achieved over 15 years of profitable growth, and have increased revenue year-on-year. We’re a stable, proven organisation rather than a risky start-up. As mentioned earlier, we have a three-year plan to IPO. It’s a good time to join.
If all this sounds good to you, next steps are to apply below and we’ll be in touch for a chat!