Teacher - Middle School
- Do you want to directly make an impact on disenfranchised young people's educational journey?
- Multiple opportunities now available for Teachers working within a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace!
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration circa $70,000–$100,000 plus super, commensurate with your experience
- Enjoy a strongly supportive culture with ongoing professional development opportunities!
About Youth+ & FAME
Edmund Rice Education Australia Youth+ (EREA Youth+) is a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is non-judgemental, inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy and numeracy, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s individual learning plans which are customised based on learning levels and what they require to re-engage.
FAME Flexible Learning Centre began operating as a mobile outreach program in the mid-1990s. It gained registration as a specialist assistance school in 2015 when it became part of EREA Youth+. FAME offers a variety of educational pathways for disenfranchised young people included SACE, VET Certificate Courses, and Australian Curriculum outcomes through project based learning. There is a strong focus on literacy and numeracy skills in an integrated learning framework and wellbeing. Engagement activities including outdoor education, sport, art and music are among the offerings.
About the Opportunity
EREA Youth+ now has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Teacher to join the team at FAME Flexible Learning Centre based at Christie Downs, approximately half an hour south of the Adelaide CBD.
This opportunity is full-time, fixed-term, 12-month contract, with the possibility to extend.
Reporting to the Head of Campus/Network Principal, you will primarily be responsible for developing and maintaining learning and social inclusion responses of the campus including:
- Planning, preparation and delivery of engaging learning and teaching programs for young people in both middle and senior phases of secondary education;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the FLC’s objectives and planning; and
- Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive school environment.
This is a richly rewarding position that comes with great challenges - candidates with significant experience in the practicalities and realities of working with disengaged or disenfranchised young people to improve their lives are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please view the full Job Description here.
Please Note: This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law. EREA supports the rights of Children and Young People, and as such, please include in your cover letter, a declaration that you are a suitable person for Child Related employment.
To be considered for this position you must hold:
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Teaching and be eligible for registration with the South Australian Teacher Registration Board;
- be eligible for a Working with Children Clearance (DCSI) and clearance through Catholic Archdiocese (SAVA).; and
- experience in either primary or secondary education will be essential with 5 years minimum.
You will have a demonstrated skills and knowledge in teaching process, frameworks and practice, as well as the ability to analyse complex situation and implement appropriate strategies to enhance the professional practice of teaching and non-teaching staff.
Due to the nature of the role, it's important you have had demonstrated success in building relationships with disenfranchised young people and their families.
Although not essential, any specialist areas such as adventure-based learning, STEM teaching and/or special education would be looked upon favourably.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $70,000–$100,000 (commensurate with experience) plus super.
In addition, EREA Youth+ also provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
Bring your creativity and passion for reuniting young people with educational opportunities to this rewarding career path - Apply Now!
Applications close Thursday 5 December at 4:30pm CST
For further enquiries, contact Yvonne Schultz on 0478 315 776