IT Project Coordinator
- Are you an experienced project coordinator looking to apply your skills across a range of different technologies and systems?
- Join a fast-moving and dynamic government authority, dedicated to natural resource management and sustainability.
- Salary circa $79,127.69 - $87,383.21 plus super, flexible work policies & more!
About Mallee Catchment Management Authority
An internationally recognised area known for the diversity and uniqueness of its natural, cultural and productive landscapes, the Mallee Catchment Management Authority (Mallee CMA) region covers 3.9 million hectares, from Nyah to the South Australian Border, roughly one fifth of Victoria.
A fast-moving and dynamic organisation, responsive to the needs of the local area, Mallee CMA is a government authority that manages a number of environmental programs, including water and land management/sustainability, biodiversity and cultural heritage, and undertakes a number of community-based initiatives, most notably in regional employment programs.
About the Opportunity
Due to project demand, Mallee CMA currently has a highly-varied opportunity for a full-time IT Project Coordinator to join their team in Irymple, VIC on a 6-month contractual basis, with renewal opportunities subject to funding.
In partnership with the Manager Business Development or Corporate Service team, you will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the design, development and improvement of Mallee CMA's Enterprise Business Systems.
More specifically you will be tasked with coordinating a range of strategic, operations and information improvements in current business applications and software.
Your day-to-day duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the Business Development Manager in undertaking system administrator functions for Technology One;
- Overseeing and managing project and change management activities, with responsibility for all aspects of project delivery, project planning, project specification and deliverables management;
- Ensuring successful outcomes are achieved within budget, using PRINCE2 project methodology or similar; and
- Engaging with the business to work in line with the Corporate Plan to ensure the effective delivery of organisational goals and objectives.
To view the full position description, please click here.
To be considered for this position, you must have demonstrable PRINCE2 (or equivalent) project management experience, preferably within an IT environment, as well as relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a closely related discipline.
Ideally, you will also have knowledge of the Public Records Act, Privacy and Data Protection Act and similar legislation (please refer to the attached PD), and prior experience in change management planning.
Experienced in project delivery and coordination, you will bring to the role highly-developed interpersonal and communication skills in order to build rapport and establish strong working relationships and partnerships with a range of pre-existing staff and stakeholders, at various levels of the organisation.
Working under time pressure and hard-set project deadlines, your ability to juggle multiple responsibilities concurrently, managing priorities as needed and consistently, will be key to ensuring the successful implementation of improvements to Mallee CMA's Enterprise Business Solution.
Moreover, as a varied role, you will need to be comfortable working across a range of technologies and systems, including geographic information, financial, and record management systems.
Please Note: Due to office location, the successful candidate must have an unrestricted "C" Class Australian Driver's Licence.
About the Benefits
You will be joining a supportive and experienced IT project team working across a range of different technologies and systems, with a focus on excellence in project delivery and business systems improvement.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive salary circa $79,127.69 - $87,383.21 (negotiable based on experience and qualifications) plus super.
You will also have access to a range of additional benefits including:
- Career development/training opportunities;
- Flexible work policies (for a healthy work/life balance); and
- Networking opportunities.
To apply your skills and gain valuable project experience within a government authority - Apply Now!