Senior Fleet Controller
- Are you an experienced Fleet/Dispatch professional with strong time management skills & a knack for problem-solving?
- Exciting opportunity with a growing Melbourne Freight Group specialising in the distribution of freight
- Excellent remuneration package!
A little about the Kwickaz Group...
The Kwickaz Group offers a cost-effective and accountable service to companies with a variety of freight needs. Specialising in local freight, in and around the Melbourne area, they provide solutions for anything from a single envelope to semi trailers. Also offering storage facilities and air, sea, international, or national services, Kwickaz really are a 'one-stop-shop' when it comes to freight, and are truly passionate about exceeding client expectations.
Your new role
The Kwickaz Group is now on the lookout for a Senior Fleet Controller to join their Courier / Taxi Truck Division in Southeast Melbourne on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for coordinating the schedules of over 60 drivers, predominantly on routes around Melbourne, acting as the first point of contact for drivers as you liaise between drivers, customers and warehouse staff.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning, allocating and overseeing pick-ups/deliveries to achieve efficient and effective fleet maximisation;
- Overseeing pre-allocations for the following day;
- Contributing to growing the fleet in line with Kwickaz's rapid growth;
- Building and maintaining relationships with drivers, customers, and warehouse staff;
- Maintaining knowledge of vehicles and their capabilities; and
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, including fatigue management and load restraint requirements.
To be successful you will need demonstrated experience in a similar fleet/dispatch related role, ideally in a high-volume environment, and be able to work effectively with your team.
Kwickaz specialises in transport within Melbourne, and so a thorough knowledge of the local Metro area will be crucial in arranging the best routes possible for your drivers.
Handling high volume requests, you'll be confident thinking on your feet and have the strong problem solving skills needed to adapt quickly to any new or changing priorities.
You'll also have excellent communication skills and thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments, comfortable juggling the needs of your drivers and clients to get great results for everyone involved.
Finally, you'll be an experienced operator who knows how to get the job done.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual looking to take their experience to the next level, adding real value within a growing organisation.
You will be well rewarded with an attractive package.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading and passionate transport and logistics team. Apply Now!