- Bring your teaching experience and passion to a rewarding role, helping reunite young people with educational opportunities.
- A unique opportunity in non-mainstream teaching, allowing creative and flexible education styles.
- Embrace holistic education and youth development, utilising resources such as counselling, health support, and community activities to get the best from your students.
About the Opportunity
EREA Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Teacher to join the Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre (GFLC).
Reporting to the Head of Campus and the Network Principal, you will be responsible for implementing teaching strategies that cater to the needs of secondary-aged students who have disengaged from mainstream education. Students may have Language, Literacy and Numeracy difficulties, and teachers must respond creatively and empathetically to student needs.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with other teachers and youth workers to develop and implement individualized learning plans for each young person that include literacy and numeracy development, wellbeing, and indigenous cultural perspectives;
- Supporting young people to access support services such as counselling, health support, and community activities;
- Working with the team to develop cultural links, community, and family connections that support the engagement and connection of young people to both the FLC and the wider community;
- Participating in the daily routines and activities of the FLC, including morning meetings, lunch, bus pick-up and drop-offs, electives, outings and camps.
To view the full Job Description for Teachers at GFLC, please click here.
About the Benefits
You will receive an attractive remuneration circa $73,000 - $107,000 plus super, based on your experience and qualification level (in line with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Perth Teachers Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2015; Salary Schedule July 2020).
EREA Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network also provides ongoing professional development opportunities.
Teaching at GFLC provides ongoing challenges and opportunities to help your students make the most of their education. You will need to be passionate about helping students in a more individualized way, and be excited to work creatively with teachers and youth workers to engage students in learning.
To be successful in this position you must have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Teaching and be eligible for registration with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia
- Experience in a diverse Primary or Secondary educational environment
- Experience in teaching primary or secondary aged students (ideally, experience teaching years 4 and above)
- Have or be eligible for a Working with Children Clearance
You will also have demonstrated skills and knowledge in teaching processes, frameworks and practice. Additionally, you will have the ability to analyse complex situations and implement appropriate strategies to enhance the professional practice of teaching and non-teaching staff.
Specialist areas such as adventure-based learning, STEM teaching and special education will be highly regarded, though not essential.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. EREA GFLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About EREA Flexi
Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexi Schools (EREA Flexi Schools) are a network of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in an inclusive setting. With a focus on literacy, numeracy, and project-based learning, programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s Individual Education Plans.
Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre (GFLC) is a coeducational Catholic CARE school in the Edmund Rice tradition and part of the EREA Oscar Romero Flexi Schools Network.
It is committed to social justice and stands in solidarity with young people of all social, cultural, and religious backgrounds, with a particular sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island culture.
The school provides holistic learning experiences that address the complex needs of students and promotes their emotional, cognitive, spiritual, physical, and educational development. We encourage you to read more about EREA here.
Applications close 16 April 2021.
Please attach your CV with your application, outlining relevant work history, including the contact details of at least two relevant referees.
Please Note: Edmund Rice Education Australia is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
For further enquiries, contact Heather Brett - GFLC Head of Campus on 0419 300 372.