- Are you a qualified or studying Paralegal with great administrative skills?
- Join a growing, boutique law firm navigating through the complexities of the burgeoning industrial sector!
- Benefit from a deep learning culture where your skills will remain valuable to the market!
- Salary up to $75,000, flexible work options and a host of additional benefits!
Sharpe & Abel
- You will never look at a bridge or building the same way -
In partnership with industrial innovators, leaders and technologists, Sharpe & Abel are more than just legal and business experts, they're problem solvers. A resilient, boutique firm established in the heart of Richmond in 2012, their team of legal strategists has both local and international expertise. They work side by side with clients to grow their industrial companies, growing their share of the Australian market and opening them up to the world.
With a deep-seated learning culture that prioritises competence, enables curiosity, and cultivates technical prowess, the service Sharpe & Abel are equipped to provide in the industrial technology sector is results-driven and comprehensive. Genuinely interested in having conversations and curious about their clients, the team are at their best when they understand the complete context behind their clients' plans - context creates meaning.
As the go-to legal firm for the burgeoning industrial sector, Sharpe & Abel are inspired by industrial innovators and are dedicated to helping their clients prosper.
About the Opportunity
Sharpe & Abel now has an exciting opportunity for a self-driven Paralegal to join their team in Richmond, VIC on a full-time, permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Delivery and the Legal Director, this role will primarily be responsible for supporting the legal team and the delivery of advice to clients by providing timely, accurate and professional support.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Draft legal correspondence and advice to clients, and obtain instructions from clients to progress legal matters (supervised);
- Undertake legal research to assist the legal team in delivering advice to clients;
- Draft, review legal agreements and assess the commercial and legal risks arising from key terms (supervised);
- Electronically manage evidence for contentious matters, including preparing bundles of documents, chronologies of events and basic court documents;
- Manage registration of trade marks locally and through international partners; and
- Provide support in the physical office environment where required.
To be considered, you must have a hold or be studying towards a relevant certificate such as a Cert lV in Legal Services, Diploma of Legal Services or CILEX Advanced Paralegal.
As you will be assisting the legal team, you must have a high level of computer literacy with the ability to effectively utilise a number of communication channels to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks.
You will need to be technically competent in obtaining relevant facts, conducting legal research and drafting legal documents.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong sense of ownership over your work, as well as the development of your skills and competency. You should be self-motivated with strong initiative and problem solving skills.
Please note: Sharpe & Abel are active proponents of workplace diversity and pride themselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such they strongly encourage candidates from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds to apply.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing firm that understand the value of supporting their people to deliver and achieve the best results!
In return for your hard work and commitment, the successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary up to $75,000 (including superannuation), negotiable based on your skills and experience.
Sharpe & Abel has a deep learning culture that is hard-coded into all facets of their business. The firm is focused on building employee skills and have integrated learning as a major part component of acquisition of expertise. Bespoke learning programmes are available as part of their commitment to continuous development, ensuring employee skills and knowledge remain current and valuable to the market.
Notwithstanding the above, you will also enjoy a host of additional benefits including:
- Flexible working hours;
- On-site parking;
- Niche and robust industrial industry experience;
- Mobile phone & laptop; and
- Access to research resources.
You will also enjoy working in a modern converted warehouse with ample open spaces, high ceilings, lots of natural light and ventilation. The space is ventilated twice a day to ensure staff are safe and healthy.
The office is conveniently located within close proximity to public transport and arguably the best Vietnamese food Australia has to offer!
For a rare opportunity to utilise and expand your legal technical expertise in the burgeoning industrial sector - Apply Now!
Please direct all questions to email@example.com