Venue Manager (Nelsons Bay)
- Bring your high level management skills and passion for hospitality to an award winning venue!
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration package circa $80,000 - $90,000 PLUS super and bonuses!
- Relocation assistance negotiable for the right candidate to help make the sea change!
About the Restaurant
The Point Restaurant is an award-winning waterfront venue that offers a relaxed dining experience, coupled with breathtaking views of the stunning waterways and sunset. Located in beautiful Port Stephens NSW, only a 45 minute drive from Newcastle, The Point is renowned for their extensive seasonal menu focusing on local seafood and simple, clean flavours.
With a total capacity of 120 diners, the restaurant has a fantastic reputation for quality, uncomplicated food, with fresh produce sourced both locally and Australia-wide to ensure only the very best ingredients are served.
About the Opportunity
The Point Restaurant now has an exciting full time opportunity for a Venue Manager to join the team at their well-respected restaurant in Soldiers Point, New South Wales.
Overseeing a motivated and dedicated team and reporting to the Operations Manager and Executive Chef, you will be responsible for managing the day to day runnings of the business from training front of house and reporting back to head office.
More specifically, your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Maintaining the restaurants high standards of customer service;
- Running high volume service shifts;
- Recruiting, motivating and training a dedicated, passionate team;
- Administration, rostering and time sheet checks;
- Promotion of the venue;
- Monitoring the quality of food and working alongside an experienced kitchen team;
- Proactive operation, taking a sense of ownership;
- Overseeing the execution of functions & events including online bookings;
- Ensuring workplace health & safety guidelines are being followed at all times; and
- Managing budget & social media content.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated venue management experience in a similar business environment.
As Venue Manager, you will have the ability to foster a climate of cooperation and respect between co-workers, leading your team in a fast paced environment. You will have strong time management skills and be exceptionally organised and self-motivated, with a keen eye for attention to detail and a passion for delivering an exceptional customer experience.
You will have the ability to maintain facilities to a high standard & work autonomously and unsupervised, along with a basic understanding of social media and a knack for knowing the market and current demand.
Experience in managing Functions and Weddings will be highly regarded.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, The Point is offering an attractive base salary circa $80,000 - $90,000 plus super, negotiable based on your skills and experience.
Relocation assistance is negotiable, to help you get settled in town, and the location itself offers great benefits with fantastic quality of life and relaxed coastal lifestyle.
You'll enjoy the support of a dedicated management team that truly values their team and customers, with a great work-life balance and huge opportunities for career development as the business expands, including the potential to move into more high profile roles across the company as you grow with their team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career and truly make a name for yourself with a well-respected venue - Apply Now!