- Exciting leadership opportunity supervising the Finance Team of a multi-disciplinary health service in remote NT!
- Highly attractive remuneration package circa $108,835 - $130,394 plus salary packaging options!
- Furnished accommodation, subsidised rent and negotiable relocation assistance!
- Amazing further benefits including 6 weeks annual leave, free gym membership and free general dentistry!
About the Organisation
Anyinginyi Health Aboriginal Corporation (Anyinginyi) is a growing multi-disciplinary organisation which provides primary health care services to the Aboriginal people of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
Anyinginyi consists of five different sections covering a wide array of services such as clinical care and social and emotional well being, health promotions, sports and active lifestyle and administrative services. This diversity allows for a holistic approach to health, ensuring that clients' physical and emotional health and well-being is given the utmost priority.
Anyinginyi health service delivery area stretches north of Tennant Creek to Elliott, across to the east, almost to the QLD border and south to Ali Curung - almost 150,000 square km.
About the Opportunity
Anyinginyi now has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Manager to join their team in Tennant Creek, NT. This is a full-time position with extension likely for the right person, subject to funding.
Reporting to the Executive Manager of Corporate Services, the Financial Manager is to maintain robust and transparent financial management accountable to the board, our members and funding bodies. You will also be required to proactively build the skills of your team and the financial management skills of all executive managers and employees who manage programs & budgets.
More specifically, some of your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Leading a finance team of 4 & Overseeing the operations, setting goals and objectives, and designing a framework for these to be met through internal monthly, quarterly and yearly compliance schedules;
- Building the knowledge and skills of finance team members in accounting;
- Preparing detailed reports for the Board of Directors on the financial performance and management of the organisation;
- Advising management and the Board on strategic financial decision-making to support the future financial sustainability and innovation of the organisation; and
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
For more information, view the full position description here.
To be considered for this position you will hold a graduate or post-graduate qualification in Finance, Accounting or Economics & current or prior registration as a Tax Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB).
It is also crucial that you have knowledge and understanding of the core functions and services provided by Anyinginyi and an appreciation of the link between this understanding and improved financial management. Furthermore, the ability to work in a team is a crucial aspect of the job. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is invested in the professional development of their staff and frequently shares their knowledge and skills with other team members for the benefit of the organisation.
You will have proven experience as a Financial Manager, preferably in a not-for-profit or Aboriginal health environment. In addition, proven experience in the areas of financial and grant acquittal reporting, preparation and lodgement of BAS, PAYG and other tax compliance obligations and maintaining a fixed asset register is required. It is essential that you also possess advanced computer software skills in platforms such as Excel, Xero, SAP, TechnologyOne and other ERP's.
Importantly, you will have knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal societies and cultures in conjunction with respect for traditional Aboriginal culture and cultural diversity, and be willing and able to communicate effectively and sensitively with Aboriginal / culturally diverse people, therefore meaning strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills are required.
Please note: Prior to commencement you will need to undergo a National Police Clearance and obtain or have the ability to obtain a current Ochre Card (Working with Children). A Driver's License or the ability to obtain one and the ability to drive to communities as required is also essential for this role.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with a proven background as a Financial Manager to take on an exciting leadership position in one of the most unique and remote settings in Australia!
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly attractive remuneration package circa $108,835 - $130,394.
Anyinginyi also offers a host of additional benefits to further increase your take-home pay, including:
- 6 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading;
- Salary sacrificing up to $15,899.94 p/a;
- Subsidised furnished rental accommodation is available for candidates who are relocating;
- Annual remote retention allowance of $750;
- Negotiable relocation assistance;
- Free general dentistry (excluding laboratory work);
- Free gym membership; and
- Free medical prescriptions.
So what are you waiting for?! If you think you have what it takes to join the Anyinginyi team and are ready for your next big adventure - Apply Now!
About life in Tennant Creek
Tennant Creek is located between Katherine and Alice Springs along the Stuart Highway in the Barkly Region. With a population of around 3,500 people, it is the fifth largest town in the Northern Territory and the Barkly region covers an area larger than Victoria or New Zealand.
Year-round blue skies, stunning landscapes and vibrant, diverse and warm communities - that's life in the Northern Territory! Only a short flight from most Australian cities, Tennant Creek is not just a must-see destination renowned for its individual identity and rich cultural heritage, but is a remarkable community to set up home in! Once known as a rough and tumble droving town, it now offers all the amenities you would need to set up a relaxing new lifestyle, including a major regional hospital, a university, schools, shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, banking facilities, sporting clubs and an airport.